Caroline was 6 months pregnant it had been two months since she had told them her aunt was in New Orleans and she didn't know where she was.  She had been keeping Caroline going in between her condo, Hayley's apartment,  and the Mikaelson compound. And she wasn't allowed by herself. She was afraid her aunt was going to try to pull something and she refused to let that happen.

"So twin girls are you scared?" Elena knew that it was going to be fun dealing with two twin girls. She knew that things were going to be a big change for Caroline.

"Absolutely." Caroline was scared that she was going to end up being a horrible mother. 

"It should be fun." Elena knew that this was going to be a fun change for her but she was sure that she was going to end up being a fine mother.

"You were lucky you weren't a twin." Caroline didn't know if she could deal with two Elena's she could barely stand the one that she had. Or the one that she had known for the last four years.

"I know." Elena couldn't deal with another version of herself either she already had to much going on with that.

"I guess you are lucky that you are a doppelganger."

"Oh trust me i know." Elena knew what would have happened if she had a twin. Elena first wasn't willing to fight her twin for power. And she refused to let her siblings do it either. Knowing that it was not at all fair for them to be put through that. "But i refuse to let them go on with that stupid Gemini Coven merge not on my watch."

"What Merge?" Caroline asked she didn't know about any merge and had no idea what she was talking about.

"You've heard of it twins of the Gemini Coven merge and the one with the power absorbs the other and they become the new leader." Something Elena was not letting anyone force upon them. As her older sister she was going to make sure that some things changed. "Yeah, there not doing that."

"Oh my god." Caroline gasped she couldn't believe that children were forced to do things like that. "That's murder."

"I know." Elena nodded slightly.

"Why do they allow that?" Caroline didn't get why that was such a normal practice between things.

"I don't know why but I refuse to let that happen." Elena didn't care if they tried to make it happen she would kill everyone before she would let it happen again.

"Ok."

"So you really letting Freya go." Caroline asked she had been curious she hadn't been over and Elena hadn't been over to the compound or following her so she was just curious.

Elena groaned she was not over her crush but she was to the point where she could drop it for now. "Yeah, I am why do you guys keep asking me that it's been two months and I'm a person of my word or at least I try to be."

"Yeah right." Caroline didn't believe that she could keep her word just because of what she knew.

"Hey, that is not fair." Elena had always tried to keep her word unless she had no choice but to break it.

"I understand that you are trying." Caroline understood that in most choices that she didn't give her word because she knew that she wasn't going to keep it.

"Thank you." 

"So what do you think your aunt is up to."

"I don't know and i really don't want to either i just want this to be over with." Elena knew that aunt was up to something bad because of how she was when she had left.

"Yeah i guess."

--

"Are you sure Elena is ok?" Hayley asked she was worried about Elena over the past few months she was not the Elena they had known those first few weeks.

"What is your sudden interest in her?" Marcel knew that his daughter could have a way with people she was a Petrova after all. 

Hayley crossed her arms over her chest she didn't like the sudden change she liked knowing what she was going to expect. "At least when she first got here her bitchiness was expected and now she's being nice and that is unexpected."

"You think she's going to snap." Freya asked she knew that Elena had been considerably distant from when she had first come to New Orleans.

"I think she's bottling herself up." Hayley was sure she was because of the way she had changed in the last few weeks. 

"That's a possibility." Marcel knew it was and it was the reason he wasn't pressuring her right now to tell him anything. Because he knew what could happen if she was bottling something up and finally let go.

"And you're not going to do something." Hayley asked she figured as Elena's father he would be the one to help her calm down and get through this. 

"Nothing" Marcel shook his head he wasn't going to be caught in her cross fire. He would let them be the judges of that he knew she would come to him when she was ready.

"Why not?" Now Rebekah had to say something because that seemed like horrible parenting right there. He was supposed to always be there to help her with something. 

"Because i know my child and i know how she is going to react to this." And he knew that it wasn't going to go down.

"So you're letting her shut down." Hayley asked she didn't think that was the best idea because of who she was often around. 

"So she doesn't blow up at me exactly."

"And that is the perfect plan."

"Yes it is."