1

It was a dark summer's evening and the hunters had found their prey.

They stood above her, like vultures ready to feast. 

The first shook with a feral rage.

Each gruelling second of a centuries long war had led him here.

The second stood, in stark contrast, deathly still. 

Where once were millions, now only two fairies opposed him.

The third held the fairies in his sly gaze.

Their captivating beauty was not enough to distract him from his imminent victory.

It was the fourth- their leader- who finally addressed them.

"Well, this is unexpected." His silky voice was jeering and cold. Much like his heart.

His eyes met one of the fairies, who recoiled at his glacial stare.

"I'm sorry about your friend." He mocked, glancing down at the girl's unmoving body.

The other stepped forward.

"You will be."

~

20 minutes earlier...

"It's so good to be back on Earth!" Bloom said, soaking in the evening sun as the girls strolled through the bustling streets of Gardenia.

"The palace of Domino is gorgeous, but we all felt you needed a bit of downtime after everything that happened on Obsidian, isn't that right Musa?" Stella winked at her friend.

Musa nodded mutely, her cherry-red headphones resting around her neck whilst she was in the company of others.

Since becoming the guardian fairy of her home planet, Melody, she had been blessed with the power to hear all the music in the dimension, even the song in peoples' hearts.

Though recently this blessing began to feel more like a curse- now the only escape from the endless noise were her beloved headphones.

"And with all your new duties as princess of Domino- trust me I know how that goes." Stella laughed, though now there was a bitterness to her tone.

Responsibility was not a foreign word to her. Being in next in line as Queen of Solaria, and it's guardian fairy, was not something her father allowed her to take lightly.

She couldn't help but wonder if she would ever live up to his impossible expectations.

"Well, I look forward to receiving royal training from the expert herself." Bloom joked.

"Yes, yes. But that can wait. First, I have more important things to take care of." Stella said, earning quizzical looks from the girls. "Shopping, of course! I need to try out all the new boutiques here! I heard the mall is massive!" She practically drooled at the thought.

"It must have been, overwhelming discovering a whole new life." Flora said sympathetically, absent-mindedly slowing her pace to match her steps to her excited friend's.

"I mean, of course, I'm so happy to have found my birth parents," Bloom began, looking out at the busy street, "but everything started moving a little too fast for me. I was very grateful for the save when you three showed up at the palace."

"Although, I think we nearly gave your maids a heart attack with Flora's home-baked cookies." Musa chuckled at the memory of watching the lady tightening Bloom's corset fall over in shock at the sight of sugar.

"Thankfully, your Earth parents are more accepting of my culinary talent." Flora sniffed in mock disdain and the girls laughed at the memory.

After a tearful reunion with her adoptive parents, Mike and Vanessa (in fact the only tears shed were Mike's who then proceeded to comfort himself with copious amounts of Flora's chocolate-chip cookies), Bloom was all too eager to show her friends the city in which she had grown up.