13

"Fucking hell, fairy, it was just a scratch. Don't be so dramatic about it." 

Ogron's words repeated over and over like a broken record in Bloom's mind as she paced angrily around her room.

Those few words, the words Ogron had said as he laughed at her limp body, they made her shake with fury. How could someone be so heartless?

With rage building in her chest, Sky suddenly walked in, breaking her spiral.

"Hey." He lay down on her bed.

Bloom forgot her anger, instinctively cuddling up into him and pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

"You okay?" Sky questioned, "No one's seen you since we got back."

"Yeah, fine. I was just thinking about what happened at the mall with the wizards."

An uninterested mhm sounded from Sky but Bloom brushed off his unresponsiveness.

"It was lucky Stella was able to rouse me enough that I could start healing myself, otherwise, with what Ogron did to me,-"

That caught Sky's attention. "He did something to you?"

"In the alleyway. He suddenly lost all control and I happened to be there to receive it." She paused, feeling her chest burning again. 

Despite hating to admit it, she could relate to what that felt like; letting anger take over.

"Headmistress Faragonda told us what the wizards did to the Earth fairies. Like the ancestral witches ruined my birth planet, Domino, the black circle ruined my home planet. Obviously, I hate them for that. But as a guardian fairy, it is my duty to hate them for that and stop them from winning. My vendetta against the wizards wasn't personal to Ogron, but now..."

She sighed, pausing again for a second as her eyes began to tear up.

"Now, I see clearly. He's a sick bastard. He took pleasure in the genocide of a race of fairies, and he feels absolutely no remorse about harming someone, defenceless on the ground. Before, I hated him for what he's done. Now, I hate him for what he is."

She met Sky's eyes, though they still seemed distant.

"I loathe him. I want to forget about them, about everything."

Bloom shifted her body over so that she was straddled his waist and let out her anger as he began to kiss him passionately.

At first, he kissed back, however, as she started to move his hands to hold her waist, Sky suddenly pulled away.

Confused, Bloom reluctantly opened her eyes only to see Sky's face, scrunched up in discomfort.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she climbed off him.

"Sorry Bloom, I can't do this right now. Um, can I talk to you later?" He couldn't meet her eyes.

"Okay sure, but what's up? Something's been off with you this whole time."

"I'm fine, Bloom."

"No, you're not, Sky. I've known you for years. Something is bothering you. You can tell me."

"There's nothing to tell." He shrugged, his eyes still downcast.

"Really? Then why can't you meet my eyes when you talk to me? What are you hiding from me?"

"Bloom, can you stop! Maybe I'm just not in the mood for sex, okay? Deal with it." Sky yelled and Bloom felt herself recoil at his harsh tone.

"Yikes, I'm sorry for caring about you." She whispered, her heart stinging.