16

Tiptoeing hurriedly towards the hushed voices in the kitchen with Artu at her heels, Roxy couldn't contain her excitement.

Usually, her visions left her with more confusion and turmoil than clarity, but this time was different.

Her nose scrunched up at the acrid aroma of the hot cup of coffee Stella was slurping but her wide beaming smile remained plastered on her face.

A fleeting smile crossed Bloom's features as she caught sight of the gleeful girl hovering in the doorway, and she felt her heart warm. That was the first time she had seen Roxy's wide, toothy grin.

"Morning, Roxy. How did you sleep?" She said.

"Well, thanks," Roxy joined them on the sofa, "very well."

Though she was itching to tell them what she had learned last night, she could see the marks of exhaustion etched into the girls faces.

"What's wrong?"

"Brandon's still not back yet." Stella grumbled quietly, her weary gaze fixed on the front door, as if she hadn't intended to say it aloud.

Artu trotted over and nudged her hand clasping the arm of the sofa, causing Stella's gaze to soften a little as she petted him.

"If it helps, I have good news." Roxy said, more shyly as the initial excitement began to wear off. "I've been having visions from the queen of the Earth Fairies. Her name is Morgana."

The girls' eyes both became impossibly wide, and Stella almost choked on her coffee.

"What? Why- why didn't you tell us this before?" Stella asked between wheezing coughs.

"I didn't know who it was until last night." Roxy shrugged, reminiscing on all the times the kind lady had helped her.

"Then why is she sending visions to you?" Bloom questioned, ignoring the uneasy feeling in her gut.

"Because I am her daughter."

A stunned silence enveloped the room as the two girls sat unblinking, trying to fathom any of what Roxy was saying.

"I'm lost," Stella finally said. "The Earth fairies are dead. The wizards killed all of them but you. How can she be talking to you?"

Bloom gasped aloud and Stella jumped, spilling her coffee down her pyjama top and cursing loudly.

"The earth fairies are alive?!"

Roxy nodded excitedly in response and Stella immediately forgot about her ruined top and squealed in elation.

"The wizards didn't kill them. They trapped them! On an island called Tír na nÓg," Roxy's mind raced with the images of her most recent vision, the beautiful landscape that was her birth right.

She still wasn't sure if she had come to terms with the fact that she was a fairy, let alone a princess, but she didn't care. She had found her mother- a kind-hearted woman, who had always been watching over her through her beloved white ring- and now she had the chance to save her.

"Oh my god! They are alive!" Bloom repeated, her voice shaking laughter and pure happiness.

Then there was still hope to restore Earth, like she had done with Domino, and there could finally be peace again.

Meanwhile, Stella couldn't help but slump back into the cushions of the sofa, as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

He isn't a murderer. All this time he was never a murderer.

"We can free them and defeat the wizards." Roxy said, anticipation building in her stomach at the thought of being safe from the hunters. "With their help, we can save Flora!"