Le Beau Temps

Epilogue
Two Years Later

I had never believed in soulmates.

I had always denied the idea. Sold on the cynical point of view because of how hardened to the world I had become over the course of my life. I hadn't known my own father, and allegedly there hadn't been a man more ill-suited to be a father or a husband than he was. I had grown up under the parenting of a strong and resilient independent woman. She never seemed to need anyone, so I never questioned whether or not there had been a missing piece to her life— a potential person who's heart was tied to hers by an invisible string.

The concept seemed absurd to me, until I found mine.

The push and pull, the ups and downs of the early stages of our relationship were truly enough for anyone to want to call it quits for good, but through it all we would find our way back to one another. No amount of time and space could keep Josh and I apart— we were tied together by the universe for eternity, and the unique circumstances that united us were something we were so grateful for.

After that day when we kissed in the rain, Josh and I had gotten to talking. We ironed out all the misconceptions and where things went wrong between the two of us, and nothing was left unsaid. Thankfully, he forgave me for keeping the truth about Lina from him for so long. We ended our conversation with a better understanding of one another, which would prove to be truly essential for our future together.

As for my job, he offered to explain what had happened and convince my boss to let me back on board, but I declined his offer. The way that the situation had been handled left a bad taste in my mouth, and I decided that what had occurred between the label and me was for the best.

After much convincing, I joined Greta Van Fleet's personal marketing team where they commissioned me for designs and strategies to promote their upcoming work. This allowed me even more flexibility within my schedule and it granted me the opportunity to stay home with Lina, which I was very grateful for.

Teagan and I had mended our friendship as well. She came to me and explained what she had been going through and had lashed out as a result of her circumstances. She apologized for the way she had reacted and acknowledged that I had no clue what had been going with her, so she shouldn't have been so harsh. I apologized for not being as self aware as I could have been, and reminded her that I am there to support her no matter what. We hugged it out, in typical best friend fashion, and immediately resumed our friendship as if nothing had ever happened.

One of the most prominent things that I learned being with Josh, was that time really does fly when you're having fun. We truly had the best time together. Our relationship was so blissful and exciting that it healed a part of me I thought I had lost in becoming a mother in my early twenties. Josh had the ability to make me feel young again. He was a great coparent and partner in crime, and eventually he proved to be an even better fiancé when he finally popped the question.

And before I knew it, it was the day of our wedding.

The morning of the wedding, Teagan came to the room I was staying in with breakfast and a bottle of champagne. We ate together, and after our meal, she popped the bottle, pouring us each a glass of bubbly.

"Cheers! To you and Josh beginning the life you've always wanted together!" Teagan said, toasting a champagne glass to me and my groom.

I raised my own champagne flute to clink with hers, and then brought it to my lips to take a sip. I noticed Teagan had faked taking a sip and put her glass to rest on the table beside her.