Prologue

═════════ ◈ ═════════

St. August School

"Okay students, the time is up. All the pens down now" the supervising examiner's words echoed in the entire examination hall as she asked the other teachers to collect the answer scripts.

A commotion was there in the hall as few students kept requesting for an extra five minutes, few were busy asking for answers and few of them, just not knowing anything closed the pen with a sigh and handed over the paper to the teacher.

Amongst everything, at the second last bench, a girl was sitting who completed writing all the answers and when the supervisor's word reached her eyes, she gave a low smile and was lost in her thought.

"Well indeed time is up. 15 years of school life ended today and it was our last exam paper of school" her mind processed the words.

"Roll Number 3264, Answer sheet please" the teacher's voice broke her trance as she looked at her.

"Sorry ma'am. Here please. Thank you" she smiled after handing the answer booklet to the teacher.

Once the collection of the answer booklets were over, the students ran out of the examination room to the vast field that was there were the teachers, juniors and other students who were seated in the other examination hall were present there.

Students who just gave the examination, burst into tears and smiles too as they hugged and cried along with their friends and teachers, reminiscing their school life while some were busy talking picture with the teachers, some had no chance to escape from the juniors who were busy scribbling on their shirt and also presenting a chocolate to their favourite person.

Well no matter whatever one does in his/her life, no matter whatever turns their life takes, school always remains a person's second home, a place filled with laughters, tears, teasing, punishment, bunking and thousands of memories

"Paridhi" Mrs. Shikha, the HOD of Physics called her as she was walking from one side of the field towards the basketball court.

"Good afternoon ma'am" Paridhi paused on her tracks, wishing the teacher as she passed her a smile.

"How was your paper dear??? It went well I guess" she asked as Paridhi nodded.

"Yes ma'am it was good. Let's see what happens now. Hope for the best" she replied when Disha and Rohan, her friends too approached her.

"Good afternoon ma'am" both wished in unison as she wished them back.

"Good morning children. I hope you two too performed well" she said as they nodded while giving them a smile and wishing the best for their future, she took a leave from the place and walked away.

"So you were here and this duffer said that you are at the main gate, waiting for us" Disha looked at Rohan and then at Paridhi while she chuckled.

"Hehehe. Well yeah Dishu, don't call him that. Awww he loves you so much" Paridhi looked at Rohan, "Look at his face"