Chapter 8 ~ Family and Friends

═════════ ◈ ═════════

Abhinav's POV

Today I was very happy as after seven years, I was finally returning back to my hometown, Mumbai. I took the first flight in the morning from Delhi and after 2hrs 30 minutes journey, finally reached Mumbai.

As soon as I stepped out of the airport and had a view of the city, my heart filled with happiness. The cool breezes which were blowing across the place gave me a pleasant welcome making my lips curve into a sweet smile. Inhaling the fresh air and taking a deep breathe, I started walking towards the exit.

The more I kept walking, the more my heart eagered to meet my parents. Then after walking a little further, my eyes fell at a corner where I found mom, dad and Adi standing, with a bright smile plastering their lips. Seeing that, a smile crept on my face too. Without wasting a single second, I ran towards my mother.

"Mom, mom, mom. I missed you sooooo much" I said hugging her tightly.

"I missed you too Abhi" she reciprocated the hug with tears rolling down her cheeks .

"Ok now stop crying and gimme a bright smile" I broke the hug, greeting her with a smile.

"Ok my boy." she softly kissed my forehead.

The moment she planted a kiss on my forehead, I immediately closed my eyes, feeling her love and care.

In this entire world, no matter wherevever one stays, returning back to your family is the best feeling ever and at that moment I also felt the same.

"Abhi what's this???" mom asked as she observed my face keenly.

"What happened mom?"

"Son you became so thin. Where you not allowed to eat there or they did not gave you proper food to eat? Oh my son"

I was waiting for this only

The most expected question

"Mom...mom..." I said but she kept on speaking without listening to what I was saying.

"Yash you only tell am I wrong?" mom asked looking at papa who hearing the question immediately looked at me.

"I???....Yeah Malini....He..."

"You are laughing? Adi you are also laughing? Laugh laugh"

"Ok fine. Mom listen it's nothing like that. You unnecessarily worry for us"

"Yeah yeah. When you will become a parent then you will understand our feeling." her voice cracked as she spoke.

"Ok ok sorry. Now don't get emotional. Anyways, now I am back right? So be happy mom" she smiled as I hugged her again.