Hua Ying

As the sun had already risen and the streets were busy with people no one noticed I little boy just in the entrance of the alley way cold and in rags bending down.

Snow is snow, it's cold enough to kill you if you didn't have anything on. Panting and shivering as his feet touched the ground, Wei Ying kneels in an alley way with straw dolls he had as he places them on the ground he repeats:

Mommy, Daddy, A-Ying

Suddenly as shadow looms over him a little afraid he looks up to see a boy about his age dressed in white with a fore band on his head looking down at him. Wei Ying gives as bright toothy smile surprising the boy, the boy puts his hand in his sleeve and pills out a drum and hands it to him.

For me? Wei Ying asks

Mn replies the boy

Wei Ying takes the drum and starts playing with it just as a silent growl comes from Wei Ying stomach.

Wei Ying looked at the boy and gives him an embarrassed smile before the boy says he must stay and runs off, a few minutes later the boy returns with some food for Wei Ying and hands it to him.

Thanks, brother replies Wei Ying with a smile and tries to hand the drum back to the boy

Keep says the boy

Just then they hear someone calling "Wangji" as he looks up just to find that the boy who gave him the drum and food has disappeared, Wei Ying sighs and gathers his toys and puts them in his belt and starts walking out if the alley while munching on the food. He gets half way when he suddenly hears a growl coming from behind him, he slowly turns to see three dire wolves looking at him with froth in their mouth, he turns and starts running away as the pack chase him through the accumulating streets, Wei Ying runs into another alley where piles of trash are, curls into a ball holding the food and whimpers, someone save me over and over.

Ruoye Xie Lian yelled as he saw the dire wolf pounce onto the wailing child, Ruoye shot out from his arms and slashed onto the ground between the dire wolf and Wei Ying. The dire wolves realize that there is nothing more they could do went running away past Xie Lian, past Hua Cheng that was just running into the alley on hearing his husband scream and into Yue Yu as he tore them apart. Hua Cheng stood by his beloved side holding his hand as Ruoye came back curling around his wrist.

Weeks maybe more A- Ying was roaming the streets Wei Ying was still crying without knowing that the dogs already left, Hua Cheng placed his hands and Xie Lian's back urging him forward who was too shocked to move...

"He feels like my A-Ying, he looks a little like him too, why does he feel like my A-Ying"

Xie Lian quietly sat near the sobbing Wei Ying while Hua Cheng stood beside them not wanting to scare the child. Wei Ying was still covering his head crying hard so he did not see them.

Wei Ying

Xie Lian stretched his right hand and carefully touched Wei Ying's trembling shoulder; Wei Ying who was prepared for the dogs to bite him flinched away hiding deeper into the garbage mount. Xie Lian retracted his hand back and waited for him to open his tightly shut eyes. Wei Ying waited for a while but no bites came and the growling were no longer present, he uncovered his head and looked up with his tear-filled eyes. He saw a beautiful man looking at him and to his right stood a handsome man in red robes, sniffling he looked between the smiling uncle and the handsome uncle, both of them seemed nice and familiar to Wei-Ying and he was also sure that it was them that chased the wolves away.

Wei Ying stood up from the heap and brushed his tattered robes (or what was left of them) then he bowed down to both of them just as his mother had taught him because, he must show gratitude to them for saving him from the wolves. After he raised his head and smiled showing his bunny teeth;

Wei- Ying thanks you he said

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian were both taken aback by the child's action but also the smile that he displayed that all they could do was nod in response to the child's bow, Xie Lian cautiously stretched out his hand to pat Wei-Ying's head and the boy welcomed it this time with an even bigger smile and Wei- Ying closed his eyes and smiled more. Hua Cheng seeing not only the dirt and grime on the child but also the fresh cuts made by the wolves on Wei-Ying's arms and torso, what showed was many scars and wounds from previous attacks and also seeing how thin he was Stretched out his right hand and towards Wei-Ying, although hesitantly, he turned his head to look at his husband afraid to be rejected by the child but then he felt a tiny hand take his two fingers and wrapped around them, shocked Hua Cheng looked down at the child to see a smiling face looking up at him as Wei- Ying steps closer and starts swinging their arms, not minding the fact that Hua Cheng was cold nor the nonchalant expression he was trying to maintain or the fact to everyone Hua Cheng looked terrifying in his true form to Wei-Ying he looked handsome and controlled but was sure that this handsome uncle had a smile to rival smiling uncle.

"San Lang's composure is cracking just by looking by looking at this boy, how pure must he be to be able to smile cheerfully at two strangers and instantly forget about his pain and sadness? I really want him to smile more he has such a beautiful smile"

Though Xie Lian as he stood up feeling a bit left out, as he did not want his husband to have Wei-Ying all to himself, he presented his hand in front of Wei-Ying and just like before, the little boy quickly wrapped his free hand around Xie Lian bigger ones, he giggled with happiness in those silver eyes and said in a cheerful voice

"I like you both"

Hua Cheng was desperately trying to hold in his smile but could no longer when Xie Lian went down on the level with Wei-Ying touched his nose and said;

"We like A-Ying too"

A laugh escaped Hua Cheng when he saw A-Ying giggle at the surprised look Xie Lian gave A-Ying when he touched Xie Lian's nose in return.

Sweet laughter filled the dimly lit alley way as they walked back to the entrance going into the now bustling market,

We should get something to eat after the adventure we had said a smiling Xie Lian what do you think A-Ying?

As they both looked down, they saw the little boy sway and collapse

A-YING they both shouted as they both bent down to catch the falling child, Hua Cheng immediately called for Yin Yu to go and get a room by the inn as they both ran to the building, Xie Lian holding the boy close to his chest noticed that he has a fever that was worsening by the second as A-Ying cheeks flushed crimson and sweat seeped through his tattered clothes and hair.