Prologue

"La Signora..." the subordinate tries to reason.

The blonde haired lady merely glances at him out of the corner of her eye.

Her dress scrapes the wooden floor as she slowly gets up and walks towards him.

"Do you know how hard I've worked to get this far...?" She smiles, a little too sweetly, the subordinate thinks.

"Yes, La Signora, the Tsaritsa thinks you're amazing...!!! N-Nobody in the Fatui ever has a doubt in you, my lady!! But please, I beg you, to think this through. The lives of the soldiers-".

Signora grabs him by the jaw and wrenches his face to look her dead in her ice blue eyes.

"Soldiers...? Do you think I got this far, this high in the unfair hierarchy that is the Fatui, by caring about the life of a measly soldier...? Think again, my trusty servant. Inazuma is torn in two. So what if they lose another few lives...?".

She lets go of the subordinate, and walks towards the window in which the moonlight was filtering through.

"Every single Shogunate soldier will obtain a Delusion to aid them in their battle against the Resistance. Or so ordered by the Raiden Shogun herself."

The subordinate is quiet, before asking;

"Are you happy trampling over people's lives to achieve what you want...?".

Signora ponders this for a while, looking out into the big, bright moon, illuminating the pink sakura leaves of the trees outside.

"In this world, my liege, you're bound to dent the earth you walk on, if you are to achieve what you've always dreamed of. In my case? Power."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

PROLOGUE END