7

Scaramouche left you to your own devices, saying that you two can rest here in Watatsumi Island until further assistance is needed. He said he was going to head to the Delusion Factory to check up on the manufacturing procedures.

You tried to forget about the Anemo Delusion clipped into Sharkur's belt with all your might, as you faked a smile towards him.

You wanted to rip it off and throw it away, just like with Childe's.

"Sharkur, haha, do you wanna go for a small walk? I need to talk to you about something."

"Of course!"

The two of you started walking towards the pink and purple shells adorning the middle part of Watatsumi Island.

It's also where the Priestess is supposed to live.

Sangonomiya Kokomi.

You've heard residents in Inazuma talking about her in whispers.

How she's planning to put the Vision Hunt Decree to an end.

You were truly impressed by this figure.

Around the island, there were young soldiers training, and some of them looked awful tired.

Do they not take breaks...? You think to yourself.

Something was off...

The atmosphere turned darker the more you advanced into the island.

There was a young man whose hair had turned white and looked like he was an age old.

Wrinkles adorned his face, his eyes narrow and clouded, as he lay on the floor in fits of coughs.

"Young sir! Are you alright?!"

Sharkur leapt to his aid, taking his hand in his and looking worriedly in his face.

"Leave... me be..." he coughed.

You eyebrows furrowed.

"What happened? Surely..."

"The Delusions... the bastards! The Fatui is responsible for this and my demise...!"

"Sir, calm down. We need full details of what happened."

The man stayed silent.

You felt his gaze on your chest, where the symbol of the Fatui was embossed on your uniform.

"Absolutely not-!"

He erupted into another episode of dry coughs.

Sharkur slapped his back, trying to help him.

"You Fatui scum...the both of you, you bastards! Look around you-!".

You stood up slowly, other soldiers who looked like they had lost a lot of weight in a short period of time meeting your gaze.

Their faces were thin, eyes with dark circles underneath them.

"Do you like what you have done to the young generation of Inazuma?! Are you proud?! Your hearts are made of stone, you lot from damned Snezhnaya! Damn you all!"

The man took raspy breaths.

"Screw...you..."

He eventually closed his eyes, entering into a slumber you and Sharkur both knew he would never awaken from.

...

The silence was deafening as you continued walking.

"You're not too big of a fan of Delusions, are you?"