The Hungry Fellows

After brainstorming all weekend for an idea to get back at the Varsity team for abandoning them at dinner, the Ducks found themselves at Eden Hall on a Sunday night. They had split into four groups, everyone getting a specific part to perfectly execute this prank. The most important thing was not getting caught, as this could probably get them suspended or expelled. 

Kenny, Fulton, Averman, Julie, Goldberg, and Luis were in charge of placing the tubes in the dorms of the Varsity players and tying ropes to their door handles, so they wouldn't be able to get out. Connie and Guy were outside, telling them where the place the tubes. Dwayne was also outside on a horse that he had borrowed from the school stables, making sure no one would enter the dorms and catch them. Charlie, Russ, and Ellie were in Dean Buckley's office collecting the fire ants. 

"Careful, Charlie." Ellie warns him. As cool as the ant display was, these ants were dangerous and not afraid to bite.

"They don't call them Brazilian fire ants for nothing," Russ chimes in. He wasn't particularly fond of the idea of getting bit by these ants, rather they bite the Varsity team instead. 

"Do you think he's gonna notice them missing?" Charlie asks his two friends. Taking ants from Dean Buckley was one the biggest risks of this plan. 

"I don't think he keeps a head count, Charlie." Ellie nods, agreeing with Russ. There were hundreds, maybe thousands, of ants in this display. The likelihood of Dean Buckley knowing exactly how many there are is slim to none. 

Charlie sticks the tube into the displaying, sucking in as many ants as he could into the jar. The more ants means more bites, which is exactly what the Ducks were wanting. Once all the ants were collected, the three headed to the dorms that housed the Varsity team.

"Did you get 'em?" Luis asks, as this prank wasn't going to work without the fire ants. 

"Yeah, only a couple, you know, hundred," Charlie smirks, knowing this plan was going to work out perfectly. Each of the Varsity players was going to be covered in bites.

"Release the hungry fellows," Connie speaks into the walkie-talkie after Goldberg hands Charlie a funnel. The group silently laughs as Charlie starts dumping the ants into the funnel. The ants starting crawling through the tubes, making their way into different rooms. 

Soon enough, screams started erupting from every room. The ants executed their part perfectly, making this prank taste like sweet victory for the Ducks. Thanks to the ropes that were tied to their doors and then each other, the Varsity team was unable to escape their rooms. Laughter came from the Ducks, as the Varsity team struggled. 

"Go on, go on, let 'em out, let 'em out," Charlie tells Julie who was holding the ropes that was keeping them locked in the rooms. Julie lets go and the doors go flying open, causing the Varsity players to fall. Seconds later, they were running out of their rooms, still trying to get the ants off them. 

"You think you're funny, huh? You think you're worth a damn?" Riley asks them, angrily. He was itching and burning all over his body thanks to the Ducks, and he was ready to take them all down. "You're just white trash!" 

"Uh, who you callin' white trash?" Russ challenges him. The Varsity team had no room to call them white trash, seeing as the Ducks had more diversity than them. 

"That's right. We'll take you anytime, anywhere," Charlie says, standing up for his team. They weren't afraid of the Varsity team. If the Ducks could beat the Iceland team at the Junior Goodwill Games, they should have no problem beating this Varsity team.

"Tomorrow, dawn!" Riley exclaims, wanting revenge on these stupid Ducks. He and the rest of the team ran to the showers, hoping it would wash off the rest of the ants and stop the burning sensation. 

"Come again."

"Bye-bye."

Dinner was great. Thank you."

"Don't forget to wash behind the ears."

"Goodbye."

The Ducks heckled the Varsity team as they ran past them to the showers, feeling proud of themselves for pulling off this prank. It was certainly fair to say that they had gotten their revenge on the Varsity for leaving them at dinner. 

"I'm gonna kill you guys!" Their attention turns to Cole at the other end of the hallway, who was tied up in rope thanks to Dwayne. 

"I think it's time to leave," Ellie tells the rest of her teammates, and they agree. Plus, it gave them great joy seeing Cole not be able to do anything but get around on his belly. 

Once they get outside, the team celebrates their victory. Now, the only thing they had to do was beat them in the game tomorrow. They knew it wouldn't be an easy task, but they were confident that they could win. 

Julie, Dwayne, Russ, Ken, and Luis all go back to their dorms, wanting to get some sleep before having to wake up at dawn. The rest of the team had skated to the school, as the bus wasn't running at this time. 

"How are you doing?" Charlie asks Ellie, regarding her recent breakup. He couldn't imagine how hard the breakup was on both of them. As pissed as he was at Adam, he knew his old teammate had to be devastated. Four years together and then it all came crashing down in just a matter of days. 

"I'm just hoping it'll get better with time," Ellie admits. The last two days had been rough, to say the least. She may have been the one that initiated the breakup, but that didn't mean she wasn't hurting. She had lost her boyfriend and her best friend at the same time. Adjusting to a life where she and Adam were no longer together was going to take time. But that left her wondering if a life without Adam was something she really wanted. Ten years of friendship and a four year relationship couldn't end that easily, could it? Maybe the breakup was a mistake.