2. Jabb's Secret Class

There were only a handful of guys who got to train one on one in Jabb's secret class. Jabb was the Combat Defensive teacher. He was on the young side with starlight colored hair. His sister happened to be one of Callista's enemies, Alectra. Alectra hadn't exactly done anything wrong, Callista just didn't like her. There was also the fact that Callista was hiding a deadly secret from her.

Most of men training in Jabb's class was male. In fact Callista was the only female. Though Jabb did not suffer from a lack of female company. There were always females hanging around Jabb and sitting in his office in what Callista liked to refer as the kiss ass chair, the one right next to his desk. And the girls that sat in that chair were all knock outs. Callista started to become a little bit wary about these relationships he had with these girls that seemed way too desperate for his attention. It was hard working out with guys, hard to keep up with them but there was no other choice and Callista liked the challenge.

She also liked the opportunities she got to watch Quan destroy one of her fellow students whenever he sparred. He was the top kid in school and a black haired plutonian. Of course, whenever he sparred with her, he always went easy on her and was super apologetic if he did indeed accidentally hit her, which made things boring. The beginning workout he put them through was the same every day so Jabb wasn't even out in the gym. He was in his office most likely with one of his kiss asses. Callista went by his office for a sip from the water fountain and he called her in. Aurora Skyscape, a pretty blonde freshie that everyone was currently trying to date, currently was taking the kiss ass chair. She was another one of Callista's least favorites. She and her friends spent the first quarter of the year calling her a colony slug.

    "Hey Saiph – a word – excuse us, Skyscape," he said. Aurora glared at Callista as she got up to leave.

    "Have a seat," he said, gesturing towards the kiss ass chair, Callista sat over at one of the other chairs, closer to the door.

    "So, do you know about the fighting competition this year? It happens every 2 years. All students 2nd years and up are encouraged to participate. Whoever wins gets eternal glory, their name on the hall of fame and top picks of star force teams. Since you're only a first year, I'd encourage you to pick up a mentor that's going to be in the competition, someone who has a chance of winning, and ask to be their spotter. It's a good way for you to learn about the competition and get some training in so that one day you too can compete and maybe even win," Jabb said.

    "Quan's going to win, right? He won the competition as only a second year, and he's the best fighter in school," Callista said.

    "Was, Obie also has a really good shot, Caster and Skyler are good too," Jabb said. Callista nodded.

    "Also have you heard about the galaxy wide street fighting competition? Every year I place some of my best students in. If you do well you'll get seen by some of the best mixed martial arts fighting teams and could gain a position with them. Pays much more than the Star Force," Jabb said, "Are you interested in competing?"

    "Sure, why not?" Callista said.

    "I gotta warn you, it's not going to be easy. There will be a lot of time you will need to commit and if you pick up a spotter position and are doing both the competition not to mention your star fighting team requirements, you're not going to get much time for yourself. Also, you could get hurt really bad. You're going to be covered in bruises and have broken bones which also could interfere with star fighting," Jabb said.

    "Sounds fun," Callista said. She wasn't afraid of getting hurt. As a Mercurian she healed fast. She also wasn't afraid of fighting men, she had twice the normal strength of a normal female. Another perk of her race. He stared at her briefly, then shrugged.