3. New Dorms

The new dorm rooms were updated onto each student's gek. Whoever you were in a dorm with was supposed to be your team. Jesse found that he, Chaz, and Chase were on the same team with a kid named Caspian. Callista and Aurora were there as well. As he entered the room and saw Chase there and he and Chaz's recitement of "What team? Green team!" He hung his head. However, noting that Callista had chosen the bunk over the last empty bed gave him some encouragement as he dropped his bag on top of the one beneath hers.

    "Looks like we're bunk buddies," Jesse said.

    "I roll around a lot, just FYI," she said.

    "Won't bother me. I don't sleep anyway," Jesse said.

    "Me neither," Callista said.

    "Hey guys, listen up. We get 30 minutes to put our stuff down and then we have to go to Jupiter Orientation in the Common Room," Chase announced.

    Callista just threw her duffle on the floor and didn't bother unpacking, just took to lying in her bunk and flipping through her flat panel. Jesse, however began at least attempting to put his clothes in a somewhat orderly fashion in the drawers. Chaz and Chase had to fold all of their clothes military style and brag about how they knew how to do that the whole time. As soon as they were done, they headed out.

    "This is going to be the most awesome team," Chase said, arm around Chaz. Callista rolled her eyes and Jesse was glad to find he wasn't the only one annoyed. Caspian and Aurora quietly followed them. The hall was already packed when they entered with Obie and Skyler in the middle.

    "Hello, Noobs. As you know, my name is Skyler Comet and this lesser human form here is Oberon Charon," Skyler said. Oberon responded by a roll of his eyes.

    "Welcome to Jupiter, the best hall in school!" Skyler said and everyone clapped.

    "By the end of this week, we want you to choose a team captain and the team captain is responsible for choosing his co-captain or vice prez or whatever you want to call it. The decision will be made by a group vote and you're to turn in your choices by the end of the week. Monthly we'll have a big team meeting like this, here, the first of the month, after dinner at 7pm. Weekly, you're responsible for team meetings and team training sessions daily. Also, starting tomorrow, we will do morning drills which consist of early morning exercise. Each team member is responsible for attending 3 drills a week. And team captains are responsible for keeping track of who participates in what. Not following the instruction of your team captain can result in a demerit which will go against your cadet record. Any problems within teams can be reported directly to me," Oberon said.

    "Enough of that boring stuff. Jupiter star fighting team tryouts start this week. Only 2nd years and above are open for tryouts. Sorry Freshies. The team roster will be posted via the Jupiter Newspaper by Friday. Freshies, if you're interested in getting a leg up onto the Jupiter team, we're looking for two equipment managers who will be basically responsible for parking space planes, and fulfilling the teams every wish and desires. It's hard work, but the reward is front row seats to every competition and consideration to be on the team next year. Raise your hand if you're interested," Skyler said and practically every freshie in the hall raised their hand. Except for Jesse and Callista.

    "Alright, Stratum and Saiph it is," Skyler said, marking something down on his flat panel.

    "What?" Saiph said but Skyler had moved onto the next subject while angry looks filtered their way. After the meeting ended, Chase huddled their team together while the rest of the hall cleared.

    "Alright, who wants to run for team captain?" Chase asked. No one seemed to volunteer other than Chaz.

    "Let's vote right here right now, who wants to vote for me?" Chase asked.

    Callista and Aurora rose their hand.

    "What?" Chaz said, shooting looks of betrayal at the two of them.    

    "He annoys me less," Callista said with a shrug. Chase high fived her.

    "Alright, for Chaz?" Chase asked and Jesse rose his hand.

    "You didn't vote, Caspian," Chase noted.

    "I don't care," he said and walked off. Callista followed.

    "That makes me the winner," Chase said, "I'll turn in the results tonight. Sorry, Chaz you can always co-captain."

    Chaz shrugged.

    "You didn't want to get into Jupiter?" Callista asked.

    "I don't even want to be here," Caspian said.

    "What?" she asked.

    "Military family, 3 generations back, after a while if you're born male it's an obligation for you to  join," Caspian said, "Least they could do was allow me to get into Venus. Easy sailing all the way. Easiest hall to be in. Would've been great."