Jeongin - Enchanted

Request from @yasmin_xiumin_yeol

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

On most days, you harnessed the ferocity of the winds to propel your fleet across the endless stretch of ocean. On most days, they would heed wordlessly to your every beck and call, obedient and submissive to their Captain's orders. On most days, you wouldn't have to beg them to silence their gales, as if taming a wild beast as you were today.

Now, the winds wail and screech against the very sails they once pleaded alliance with, tossing seawater on deck that threw your crew members who were steel-hearted enough to tough out the storm thus far overboard. Even with the infamous reputation of pirate you so ruthlessly cultivated, you had never felt more betrayed.

Every time you tried to spew out commands, you were interrupted by a mouth full of saltwater that left you choking and sputtering. Your signature tricorne had been swallowed, claimed by the sea long since then.

Your crew shouldn't see you like this. If they couldn't rely on their captain during such a crisis then who could they trust? Who could they rely on after having abandoned the prospect of land, and both the sea and the sky turned their backs on them?

You tightened your grip on the helm, infuriated by the dilemma and your acute incompetency to act swiftly. Why haven't you the faintest clue which direction you were heading and which leads to safety? How could you fail to read the signs preceding the onslaught of the storm, when you'd braved so many before?

Comfort had made you careless. Blasted seas. You should've known better than to give in to the lull of dormant waves, to the clarity of blue skies. You were all too familiar with the way the sea plays tricks on its sailors.

You couldn't even finish that thought until you spotted, in the corner of your eye, the heads of at least 3 crew members disappearing under a surging wave. Immediately, you were sent dashing across the deck, almost slipping and falling overboard multiple times.

Desperate not to lose any more of your founded family to this relentless tempest, you grabbed the forearm of the closest crew member who was already holding on to the other two. You yanked them backwards until all the bodies were safely onboard then cried, "Go! Get below deck with the others!" and shoved them below deck.

But before you could take another step following suit, the ship lurched sideways, knocking you to your knees.

Before today, you had every force of nature yielding to you with no more than a flick of the wrist. Now, you were grovelling for mercy, your status as captain no longer prevalent under the empty eyes of fate. The Gods were punishing you for letting greed run rampant with your pirating, and now, they were going to take away what you had struggled so long to attain for so long.

Beneath your feet, you could feel the bow of the ship creaking, groaning with every blow it was dealt by the ravaging waves. Now, it was going to fall apart right under your hands, taking your crew with it. Now, you were going to be left with nothing.

Nothing but salt and betrayal.

O, brave soul, caught in a storm
Come slumber in my arms,
Here you may lay in warmth

The notes, the voice were almost enough to convince you you had ascended to the land of the after, had it not been for the patterning of raindrops against your skin.

So tired, so lonely your journey has been
Come venture into the depths,
Where you may rest within

Enchanting. There wasn't any less of a word to describe the sensation coursing through your body, now immune to the brisk cold of the storm.