Minho - Dynamics

If you had a dollar for every time someone told you how much they wished they had a twin, you'd have enough to rent out your own apartment. If only that were the case so you could move out of your college dorm and not have to deal with said twin's nagging every waking hour of the day.

Even though you were born merely 15 minutes after him, Seungmin has always treated you as if you were 5 years younger. As kids, you were often grateful for how diligent he was as a brother, always taking over your chores so you could hang out with your friends, negotiating with your parents to give you less of a punishment than you deserved, and overall being a reliable shoulder to lean on all your life.

You've always known that he loved you, but sometimes it got a little too much.

Because throughout all your years of school together, you could never find the opportunity to date while he was around. Without fail, every time a guy approached you it only took one fiery glare from Seungmin to send him running with his tail tucked between his legs.

"You deserve better than him anyway," he would say with his arms folded across his chest. And every time, you would sigh, hoping he didn't frighten the poor guy too much, being all too familiar with your brother's wrath yourself.

"Hah, I'd like to see him use that excuse this time," was all Minho said with a huff of his chest. You'd just relayed the last incident of when Seungmin chased away the baseball team's ace on prom night. Even now, you could still clearly recall the wave of shock that passed through the entire cohort upon seeing the high school sweetheart stained in tears.

It took another two years of putting your dating life on pause to get over the embarrassment, fearing not only for your own dignity but for any other guy who tried to make a move on you. And that was why you presently sat jaw-dropped at Minho's flippant response to your account of the story.

You twisted in the cafe's booth to make sure he had a clear sight of the graveness in your eyes, further accentuated by the deep furrow of your eyebrows. "I'm serious, Minho. Seungmin will not be a happy-go-lucky puppy anymore if he found out about us."

He simply scoffed, "I never knew him to be. In case you forgot, (Y/N), Seungmin and I aren't exactly best buddies."

You've heard this narrative too many times to count from both ends. It was honestly getting a little tiring at this point that you wondered how they could have possibly kept up this fueling rivalry for so long.

You sighed. "I know, I know all about the dynamic you guys have of going at each other's throats every law class but believe me, you don't want to imagine Seungmin at the peak of his fury." You searched for his hands and gripped them dearly. "It's terrifying."

"Well, lucky for me-" Minho returned the gesture with a reassuring squeeze. "I am just about the scariest person I know." When he saw the concern in your eyes, the ghost of a smile flitted across his face before he planted a kiss on your forehead. Softening his tone, he said, "I wouldn't worry about me. There's nothing I wouldn't take care of for you."

You could never get used to how heat would rush to your cheeks whenever Minho would get intimate with no fair warning, rare as it is, and tried to cover it up by shaking your head in mock frustration. "How did I end up with two of the most stubborn men in my life? It's like a match made in hell, the two of you."

"Hell may be the journey but it brought me heaven," he said much too casually for your liking, nothing but sincerity gracing his gorgeous face.

This time, nothing could have prepared you for the way your heart absolutely imploded in your chest. It was unexpected not only because it caught you off-guard, but because over time you'd learned that Minho was someone who expressed affection through his actions rather than flattering words. Not that you'd complained, but you didn't know how to react either.