Chapter 2

As soon as Astra, Ethan, and Zack got to school they wave to each other and set off to their classrooms

"Astra Drakos?" Astra's new teacher, Mr. Jacks, says as she enters the room.

"That's me." Astra says and waves. She takes a seat in the front of the room. A girl next to her leans over.

"Aren't you the girl whose sister died?" She whispers.

"Yes. But that was four years ago." Astra whispers back.

"I heard it's your fault she's dead." The girl whispers. Astra freezes up, memories flooding back into her mind. 

Bryne playing with them, red braids falling down her shoulders. A man jumping the fence of the backyard and firing a bolt of green lightning at the twins. Bryne throwing herself in front of them, taking the lightning for them. The man firing more green lightning at them. The twins stopping him with a wall of ice, the lightning bouncing right back at him. The man jumping over the wall. Mom coming outside to see what the commotion is about. Bryne being rushed to the hospital. Astra and Ethan going into the hospital room. Bryne giving Astra her heart shaped locket. Mom coming out of Bryne's hospital room and telling Astra, Ethan, Alexis, Cass, and Sean that Bryne had died.

"Well that's a lie." Astra snaps, tears pouring down her face.

"Jeez. Sorry." The girl says, putting her hands up. Astra puts her head down onto her desk and lets the tears flow like a river