Chapter 7

This chapter includes mentions of characters in RDC_417's story Switch, which I highly recommend. I am friends with them IRL and said that our characters should exist in the same universe

"Did you two here this?" Cass asked when Astra stepped off the stairs. She had her phone shoved in Astra's face. "Kids are missing. From your school!"

RJ Ó Coilean, Sophie Agosti, Sing Taylor, Maddie Riva, Louie Crosbhoghanna, and Cameron Agosti, a group of students from Winterbane Middle School have gone missing from a camping trip. They were supposed to come back to RJ's house the next morning but didn't. They weren't at school on the first day either. The parents have issued a missing person's report. Anyone with info on the children's whereabouts is encouraged to come forward.

"RJ?" Astra said shocked. She and RJ were old friends. Used to hang out all the time. But then Astra, Ethan, and Zach started to keep to themselves after the 3 year anniversary of Bryne's death. Partly because was to keep the twin's secret after Zach had found out. And partly because Astra was afraid of losing the people she loved. Again.

"Yeah. You okay?" Cass asked.

"I'm fine." Astra replied. "Do you think it's the guy that killed Bryne?"

"Nah, that's impossible. We scared him off." Ethan said, twirling his spoon in the air. Astra snapped her fingers and the spoon fell back in the bowl with a plop.

"You knucklehead! Mom or Dad could come down any second!" Astra snapped. "Or Alexis or Sean."

"Whatever." Ethan rolled his eyes and continued to eat his cereal. 

"I wonder who that guy was." Astra exclaimed.

"Actually, ever since I found out, I've been doing some reading." Cass smiled, holding out another newspaper article. The same guy who had killed their sister grimised back at them from the page. Same tight jaw line, same red hair, same thin lips, same amber eye. "This guy,  Frank Sinocra and his triplet brother Carl ran away from home at age 17, back in 1985. Their sister, Maria grew up but vanished 13 years after her brothers. Is that the guy?"

"Yup. That's him. That's the guy." Ethan confirmed and shared a look with his sister. 

"He's the reason I'm the oldest." A voice came from behind them. The twins and Cass jumped and turned around. Alexis stood there, smirking. "I want revenge."

"Alexis? What are you doing here?" Astra asked.

"I'm here to help find this Frank guy and kick his butt." Alexis smiled.

"You knew?" Ethan asked.

"I knew Bryne didn't get shot with a gun." Alexis explained. "But I didn't know about those abilities of yours till last year."

"How'd you find out?" Cass asked.

"Ethan was sloppy." Alexis smirked at her younger brother. Astra glared at him.

"What do you mean?" Ethan asked.

"You were in my room looking for something. You used you telekinesis to lift the bed. After that, I followed you around a bit. Saw you using your other powers too. Astra was good at hiding them, but I figured if you did, Astra must too." Alexis explained.

"Wow." The twins and Cass said together.

"Yeah. Now, how do we find this guy?" Alexis asked. Astra smiled.

"Let's find out."