Chapter 5. Impersonation

"Ping! Hey Ping!" Mulan called when she found the boy he was looking for in the auxiliary gym. Luckily there was no one there.

Hua Ping was a boy who didn't do any sports in high school whatsoever. He was the third and last friends of Mulan. Like I said last time, he looked like her fraternal twin. He also weared a green ribbon to keep his hair in a bun. All you had to do was give him eyelashes, a larger chest, and some makeup, and he looked just like Mulan. So this is why Mulan thought this would just work.

"Hey Mulan, what's up?" He asked cheerfully.

"I need you to sign up for the football team." Mulan said. 

Ping's smile dropped and his eyebrow raised.

"I beg your pardon?" He asked

"I want to sign up for the football team but they won't let girls play," Mulan explained, "so I thought you could sign up and I could impersonate you." 

"I don't think that's a good idea Mulan, what If they found out?" Ping asked.

"But I could prove that girls are more capable of doing all things boys could." Mulan protested.

"I just don't see the idea turning out well," Ping explained "even after what happened yesterday."

"Come on!" Mulan complained, "I'm sick of everybody treaty me differently." 

It was true, Mulan had been sick of getting pushed around by her fellow students. She believed that if she could play on the football team, she would prove girls are more than capable of doing things for themselves, and that it is okay to be different.

Ping thought about it for a moment before sighing and said, "Okay I'll do it."

"Thank you!" Mulan exclaimed and wrapped her arms around Ping. Ping respectfully unhooked Mulan's arms to him and went about his day.

"Seriously?" A voice said behind her.

Mulan turned around and saw Mushu behind her with his arms crossed across his chest.

"How much of that did you hear?" Asked Mulan nervously. 

"Oh I heard all of it" Mushu said, "what are you thinking?" 

"I have to do this" Mulan said desperately, "I just want to prove that I'm capable of doing everything boys do." 

Mushu sighed, "You really want to do this?" He asked

Mulan nodded her head.

"Okay I'll help you." Mushu said

Mulan wrapped her arms around Mushu, but instead of doing the same thing Ping did, Mushu returned the hug. 

It was shaping up to be a great day for Mulan. The school day was almost over and luckily, Ping got the second to last position on the sign up sheet. When school was over she, Ping, and Mushu met up in the boys bathroom. Good thing there was no one in it. Ping handed Mulan all of his things towards his identity, his extra pair of clothes, and agreed that he would stay out off sight for Mulan's sake. 

Mulan grabbed a small pocket knife she kept with her in case of emergencies. Don't ask me how she got a pocket knife in the first place and why she would have it in emergencies. Anyway Mulan stood in front of a mirror and cut her hair to shoulder length and then tied it into a bun like Ping's. With that done, she put her cut hair into a bag and went into a bathroom stall.

Then Mulan proceeded to grab a bandage roll, take off her shirt, and then wrap the bandage around her chest to make it smaller. 

She then got out some makeup and then put it on her face making her eyelashes invisible, she also used it to make her eyebrows seem thicker. 

Finally, she took off the rest off her clothes and put them into her other bag before putting on Ping's clothes to make herself into a boy.

With all that done she went out of the bathroom stall and showed off her new look to Ping and Mushu who looked shocked.

"So what do you think?" Mulan asked hopefully 

"You look amazing!" Mushu explained

"You look just like my identical twin if I had one." Ping said

Mulan smiled, and without another moment, she, and the two boys went out of the bathroom and went towards the football field. Mulan was ready.