Chapter 8. Shower troubles

3 weeks had passed at Wu Zhong high, and Mulan has been one of the greatest players on the team (as her disguised self of course) and all the players are now her friends.

But practicing, running, and throwing don't come without consequences. Smelly consequences. Boy smelly consequences.

Mulan had been thrown around on the ground getting dirt stains on her face and started sweating and smelling like one of the boys.

Every time she went home, her parents criticized her for smelling and ordered her to take a shower.

Mulan wouldn't go through that again, so she decided to use the locker's showers in the boys locker room (she doesn't use the girl's showers because she doesn't have common sense), which Mushu and Cricket were highly against.

"Hey oh no, this is not a good idea, what if somebody sees you?" Mushu asked pacing back and forth as he watched Mulan undress herself behind the door. He also had a snake in a cage in his hands for his animal biology lab.

Mulan pulled her hair out of the its bun and peeked behind the door to Mushu.

"Just because I look like a boy doesn't mean I have to smell like one." She said not concerned with one bit of Mushu's worrying.

Mushu rolled his eyes before covering them. "So a couple of guys don't wash out there socks, picky picky picky, but personally myself I kind of like that corn chip smell."

"Ew gross!" Cricket said with disgust.

Mulan only groaned and went into a shower before turning it on. She sighed happily as she felt the warm relaxing water hit her face and body. This was just what she needed after a long day of practicing. But of course Mushu had to come in and be a control freak.

"Okay that's enough, now come on and get out before you get all pruny and stuff." He said holding out a towel.

"Mushu if you're so worried, go stand watch." Mulan said clearly not worried.

Mushu walked back to where Cricket was standing, and rolled his eyes again.

"Yeah yeah yeah," Mushu said before changing his voice to a more higher pitch to imitate Mulan, "stand watch Mushu while I blow our secrets with my stupid girly habits," before changing back to his normal voice, "pfft hygiene."

Suddenly there was the sound of boys rushing through the doors and Mushu and Cricket hid behind some lockers where they saw Yao, Ling, and Chien Po undressing themselves. One of them flinged their boxers at Mushu and his caged snake. The two boys panicked as they saw the trio heading into three different showers on either side of Mulan.

"Oh no we're doomed," Mushu said putting his caged snake down, "there are a couple of things I know they're bound to notice!"

So Mushu rushed towards the showers, accidentally throwing the boxers in Cricket's face.

"Ew gross!!!" He exclaimed in disgust

Mulan heard the trio's commotion and tried her best to stay quiet so that she wouldn't be heard.

The problem was there were only three showers in the room. The one Mulan was using and two others on either side of her. So when the comedic trio headed into the showers, Yao and Chein Po got into the showers on both sides of Mulan leaving poor Ling to have to wait, and the worst part is Yao and Chein Po take too long in the showers (for boys). 

"Hey who's in this shower?!" He yelled behind the curtains, but Mulan stayed silent. She couldn't have her secret be blown and at a time like this.

Outside the showers Mushu and Cricket were seeing the whole thing and they where worried.

"Mulan's not gonna last for much longer, do something!" Cricket said to Mushu.

So Mushu took out the snake he had brought with him and set it loose after Ling. 

Meanwhile Ling was still waiting for Mulan to get out the showers.

"Alright!" He said. "I've waited long enough, now you have until the count of three, or else I'm coming in their with you." 

Now that is what made Mulan worry. 

"One!" He counted just as the snake started slithering up to him.

"Two!" He counted just as the snake started slithering up to his legs with fangs bared.

"Thr-OW!" He painfully screamed as the snake bit into his leg. "Something bit me!" 

He rubbed his leg and looked on the ground to see the hissing reptile.

"Snake!!" He screamed alerting Yao and Chein Po which caused them to look out of the showers and see the slithering reptile too causing them to run out of the showers screaming while wearing their birthday suits. Thank goodness no one else was around to see the unspeakable. Except Mushu and Cricket unfortunately.

As soon she was sure they were fully gone, Mulan got out the showers and wrapped her towel around her chest.

"Boy, that was close." She sighed in relief.

"Uh no that was vile." Mushu said putting the snake back in its cage.

"I can never unsee what I just saw." Cricket said looking pretty horrified.

"Oh great, now Cricket is scarred for life. You owe me big for saving you." Mushu said now clearly upset. 

"Sorry guys." Mulan apologized getting herself dressed in her normal girl clothes. "Let's just go home." 

So with that Mulan and her two best friends headed out the door and into the parking lot, but not before Mushu had to have some words. 

"Wait, come to think of it, how come Mulan didn't just use the girls showers?" 

At this comment both Mulan and Cricket had lost their nerves and facepalmed themselves.

"Mushu!" They both yelled simultaneously.

"Hey! Not one of us didn't had any common sense to think of it." He said in his defense.

"Ugh, you ruin everything!" Cricket sighed rolling his eyes.