Chapter 29: The Reunion Special (Segment 5)

BODIES OF WATERS1 E30 - Reunion SpecialClose Captioned • Recorded Live

BODIES OF WATER
S1 E30 - Reunion Special
Close Captioned • Recorded Live

*COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT OF TELEVISION BROADCAST*

[Cora and Jamie sit together on stage on the sofa. Danna Morton stands across from them, rubbing her hands together gleefully.]

HOST: Our fact checkers have been busy! Cora, would you like to find out what they learned about our dear Jamie here?

CORA: [Nervously] I don't know, but I'm guessing you're going to tell us.

HOST: Let's review, shall we? Remember these?

[Danna walks across the stage and turns around an easel to reveal three white cards.]

*********
FACT
Son of a former British intelligence officer.
*********

*********
FACT
Attended an exclusive boarding school in the Swiss Alps. (Bonus: While there, once qualified to compete in a World Cup skiing event.)
*********

*********
FACT
Highest Educational Degree:
Doctor of Philosophy in Comparative Literature and Film.
*********

JAMIE: [Whispers something inaudible to Cora]

HOST: What was that, Jamie? I'm afraid we couldn't hear you.

JAMIE: I said whoever wrote that rubbish must suffer from an overactive imagination.

HOST: These so-called facts came from the bio you supplied to us yourself when you applied to be on this show.

JAMIE: [Shifts uncomfortably] I didn't realize it was going to be shared.

HOST: The viewers never saw this last card but we got the gist of it from your conversation later that night. We're dying to know, Jamie. What is your highest degree of education?

JAMIE: I never said I had a doctorate. I don't know where that came from, but it wasn't from me.

CORA: Wait. Wait a minute.

HOST: Did you really go to Oxford?

JAMIE: I never said that.

CORA: What are you talking about?

JAMIE: I never breathed a word about Oxf—

CORA: Not you! I'm talking to her. [To host] What do you mean, the viewers got the gist from our conversation that night? How would they...

HOST: [Claps her hands] Good question! Now we're getting somewhere. Your fans have been speculating for weeks! But of course, we've kept our lovers away from social media. Would you like to see some tweets?