16

"but uncle markkkkk." Lilly groaned on. "No buts young lady. You are not aloud to have a boyfriend." He said patting her on the nose. She was sitting on the counter at the nurses station and he was standing in front of her. Derek and Addison had told him about her so called "boyfriend" and he thought it would be funny to mess with her, he knew they weren't anything serious, I mean come on they're only 8.

"Let's go find Eliza." Mark said. "Ok!" Lilly said. Mark scooped her into his arms and started walking around to find her little sister. "Liza." Lilly and Mark peeked around every corner and hallway and room for the girl but she was nowhere to be found. "Uncle Mark it's official, we've lost Eliza." Lilly said dramatically. "Lets not jump to that conclusion yet Mark said running his fingers through Lilly's hair. Lilly sighed, "here let's go find your mom and dad. She's probably with them." Mark said.

He and Lilly made their way to the cafeteria that her parents where in and low and behold there she was. "LIZA." Lilly cheered, "we found you Liza, we thought we lost you." Lilly said as Mark walked over to the group. Lilly crawled out of Marks arms and went into Addisons lap. Mark pulled out the fourth chair. "Miss Elizabeth we thought we lost you." He said. "You guys just aren't good at seeking." She said flipping her hair behind her shoulders. Derek and Addison watched and smiled at the interaction between Mark and the little girl. "Liza we are good at seeking you just ran away." Lilly said crossing her arms over her chest. Addison wrapped her arms around Lilly. "Hey hey hey let's not start anything." She said. Eliza crossed her arms too and rolled her eyes. "Why don't you girls go pick something out for lunch?" Derek said, "ok, come on Lills." Eliza said holding her hand out. Lilly jumped off Addison's lap and took her sisters hand as they walked to the lunch counter. "And just like that they make up." Derek said watching the two girls, as Eliza helped Lilly read the signs of what the food was. Addisons heart melted, even though they fought a lot those two little girls loved each other and that would never change.

FLASHBACK
2001
Lilly was 2 and Eliza was 5 it was early summer and the girls where playing at the beach. Derek and Addison sat from afar and watched their children play. Lilly was building sandcastle and Eliza was playing with some dolls. All of a sudden a boy came over to them, he was 7 so he was older and bigger than both of them. "Hey Lilly what do you think of this." He said teasing her with his foot over her sand castle. "nooooo don't." She said. Eliza heard her sister and turned around but it was too late. The boy had stepped on Lilly's sand castle and ruined it. Lilly burst into tears, "HEY." Eliza got up and tackled the boy to the ground, "don't hurt my little sister again." She said sitting on top of him. Addison and Derek rushed over, Derek pulled Eliza off of the boy and he ran away. Addison picked up Lilly and whispered praises into her ear. "Lilly." Eliza's voice rang out. Lilly picked her head up from Addisons chest, "I'm sorry about your sand castle." She said. "I-t-t-s-o-o-k-k-w-i-z-z-a." She said in between sobs. "I'm sorry for jumping on him." She said to her parents. "I know you where trying to protect Lilly but we don't hit Eliza." Derek said bending down to his daughters level. "I'm sowwy daddy." She said tears streaming down her chubby cheeks. He immediately scooped her into his arms. "Shhh it's ok sunshine." He said rocking her.
END OF FLASHBACK

"Mommy look I got tacos." Lilly said holding her plate up so Addison could see. "Yummy." She said. Addison pulled her daughter back onto her lap and put her tray in front of her. Eliza had a slice of pizza and was eating in the chair in between Derek and Mark. "Liza helped me read it." Lilly said with a mouthful. Addison used a napkin to wipe her daughters face and laughed at her daughter. "Did she now?" Derek said. "Yep!!" Eliza exclaimed. "Well she's a pretty good big sister then isn't she." Derek said. Lilly nodded.