Chapter 6: The Next Episode

Reese POV:

There was a Halloween party today but Maddy and I decided not to go to early. We were gonna watch a movie and then go. Which we are doing right now. It's been a few weeks since the incident and the whole police station thing. Nate was temporarily expelled from school, at least until they figure this whole thing out. He's guilty and we told them he was guilty but they said "it just doesn't work like that."

Like what the fuck is that supposed to mean.

But Maddy has been doing some much better over the last few weeks. Nate has to stay away from her, the detective demanded it.

Maddy and I were cuddled up in her bed watching Forrest Gump.

"Jenny and Forrest honestly have such a beautiful love story. They remind me of-" I stated but I got cut off by Maddy.

"Us? Maddy asked with a raised eyebrow and I chuckle, blush and nod.

"Yeah us. They started off as best friends and became something more." I stated with a soft smile and Maddy looks up at me with a smile.

"Reese, it's obviously that we really like each other. I mean we admitted it to each other." Maddy started off as she had her head on my chest. I nod and gesture for her to continue.

"And I want something more with you. But I wanna take it slow. I just got out of the most toxic relationship of my life. I wanna take my time with you, that's if you want something with me." Maddy explains to me and she looked up at me with hopefulness in her eyes.

"Of course I want something with you Maddy. I've wanted you for years now. And I don't mind taking it slow. We can just chill and have fun." I tell her with a shrug and I hold her closer to me.

"Really? You don't mind taking it slow?" Maddy asked me with a raised eyebrow and I nod my head.

"I definitely don't mind taking it slow. Maddy, taking our time is the best thing for you right now. You just dealt with something traumatic. I don't want you rushing into anything with me." I tell her sincerely as I stroke her hair and she grins.

"Your amazing you know that?" She tells me as she cups my cheeks and I smile.

"Yeah I know, I'm awesome." I pretend to brag and Maddy giggles. She holds me closer if that's even possible and we continue to watch the movie.
———————————————————
Maddy and I just entered the party and I immediately see someone dressed as a grandpa. Creepy thing to see as you enter a party.

Maddy was dressed as Iris from the movie Taxi Driver and I was dressed as The Joker. Our costumes were amazing. We were holding hands and we walk through the party with smiles on our faces.

We see Nate's stupid football friends glaring at us but we honestly don't care. They only defend him because are his minions and they are scared of him.

We walk towards the kitchen and as we get there, we see Rue, Jules and Lexi.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I say as we walk over to them and they smile when they see us.

"Heyyy y'all!" Jules said as she gave both of us a hug.

"What's up!" Rue said as she gave us a hug as well.

The three of them know what Nate did to Maddy and were all worried for her when they found out. They constantly checked up on her and I loved that Maddy knew she had support around her. They don't talk about it anymore though because Maddy asked everyone not to bring it up unless she mentioned it first or some new information about it came up.

"Guess who I am." Lexi said excitedly and I look over her outfit. Afro wig. Blue button up shirt, blue jeans, glasses, fake mustache.

"Hmmm... oou oh! Dads old friend!" I say confidently and Lexi gives me a shocked look as Rue and Jules laugh.