Chapter 15: The Theater and It's Double And All My Life

AN: This is episode 7 and 8 of season 2 together.

Reese's POV:

"You said you wanted to do this. Now do it." I tell Cassie as me, her and Maddy were sitting in the living room, me in between them so no fighting happens.

"I'm scared." She whimpers out while hyperventilating and Maddy just blankly stares at her.

"Well you gotta suck it up and do what you need to." I said with a shrug and I turn to Maddy. "Call me if you feel like your about to punch her." I whisper in her ear and she lets out a hum.

"No promises." Maddy says while giving me a smile and I chuckle. I kiss her lips and she kisses me back. We pull away shortly after and I stand up and walk out of the living room, leaving them there to talk.

Maddy's POV:

It's silent for about 5 minutes after Reese leaves. It's just me staring at Cassie with a blank look and Cassie looking everywhere but in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry." Cassie finally blurted out and I blink at her. "I'm so sorry Maddy, I'm sorry for fucking Nate, I'm sorry for not telling you. I'm sorry for being a horrible best friend. I'm just so sorry!" Cassie beings to cry and I let out a sigh as I finally show some emotion.

"Why? Why did you do that to me?" I ask genuinely wanting to know because this actually hurts. "You know he choked me, you know how much pain Nate has put me through. But you still did that. I thought our friendship was bigger than that. How did y'all even end up doing that? Why did you get with him?" I asked her as I feel some tears leave my eyes and I quickly wipe them away.

Cassie let's out a shaky breath before responding "when I was headed to the New Years party after I left Lexi's car, I went to the store and bought doughnuts. Nate then showed up at the store and asked me how I was." Cassie begins to tell me the story of what happened and I listen closely.

"We exchanged a few words and I left the store. He followed me outside and kept telling me how pretty I was. I had broken up with McKay a few weeks prior and was kinda sad about that. Nate just kept giving me attention and kind words and I'm so used to being treated by shut by guys other than McKay that I just fed into it." Cassie continues and I realize that Nate manipulated her.

"Then he offered to give me a ride, and I stupidly accepted. We drove to the party and had sex in the bathroom. When I heard you and Reese bang on the bathroom door, I was scared shitless. As I was doing it with him, I felt bad but continued because I liked how he kept saying sweet things to me." Cassie finished and I shake my head as I rub my temples and sigh.

"I'm so fucking sorry Maddy. I'm sorry for doing this to you. I traded our friendship for a guy who is nothing but a piece of shit. I regret everything I did." Cassie states and she actually sounds genuine and I can tell because I can hear it in her voice.

"Cassie." I finally speak as I take a deep breath in and continue. "I still don't forgive you. I appreciate the apology but I can't forgive you. You broke my trust and you know how much I value, trust, loyalty and honesty. I understand that Nate was getting in your head but I still don't forgive you because you know how much pain and hell he's put me through." I tell her while doing hand gestures to help get my point across.

I feel myself getting angry again so I take a few deep breaths in. Tears fall down my face and I wipe them away.

"I can't forgive you. Maybe sometime in the future but not now. I need a lot of time." I tell her as I wipe more tears that fell down my face and she nods her head lightly.

"I understand. Your totally right. I'm just really sorry." Cassie said while wiping her tears away and she exits the living room. Just then Reese comes downstairs and sits next to me.