Chapter 12: You Who Cannot See, Think Of Those Who Can

Reese's Outfit:

Maddy's POV:

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Maddy! Happy birthday to you!" They begin to sing happy birthday to me and I just sit there staring at them. Why is this so fucking awkward? Reese snakes her arm around my waist and I smile and kiss her lips.

I wore a black 80's esque dress with a white ruffle neckline and white ruffle lace trim at the bottom of the dress. I had on high heels. I wore tall back high heels and had my hair in a ponytail that rested on my shoulders.

My nails were clear on the bottom and a plaid neon green for the tips, some of the nails having blue or green diamond sparkles. All the diamonds had small silver nail gems in the middle of them. My middle finger has two small hearts that were baby blue.

I was celebrating my birthday with Reese, Suze, Cassie, Kat, Maddy and Lexi. I went to dinner with my parents earlier and came over here to celebrate the rest of my birthday. My birthday cake had a picture of me on it and I loved it. I took like a thousand pictures of it before they started their obnoxious singing.

"How old are you now-" They tried to sing but I cut them off real quick.

"Nope, no, no, no, no, no. We are not doing that are you 1, are you 2 bullshit." I shut them down real quick and they all burst out laughing.

"Yeah happy fucking birthday to me." I clap for myself and I blow out my candles.

They all clap and cheer loudly for me as I begin to take out the candles and cut my cake.
——————————————————
Reese's POV:

"Any of you snitches to your parents about this, your days at the Howard House are finito burrito." My mom said as she was letting us drink wine and alcohol with her. Everyone hums in understanding.

"Never that Suze." Maddy said while we all clink our glasses together and we sip our drinks. Maddy was standing in front of me and I had my arms wrapped around her waist.

"To my beautiful girls." Mom said while drinking her wine.

"Hey mom, I'm drinking wine." I say while snitching to her as a joke.

"Snitches get stitches, you have to move out now." She jokingly responded and I let out a chuckle.

"And how come you don't let me drink wine for my birthday?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow and I hear Cassie hum in agreement.

"Because I like Maddy more than I like you." She stated with a cackle and I gasp with my eyes wide.

"I mean who wouldn't like her more but your supposed to me my mother." I say while taking offense to it and I hear Maddy laugh and lean her head back on my chest.

"Still love you though!" My mom said with a laugh and she exits the kitchen.

"Damn your mom likes me better." Maddy said as a joke with a laugh and I roll my eyes.