Chapter 4

At the side of the cliff, Knuckles was climbing up by having his claws sticking into the mountain.

Then, various drones surrounded him and he looks at the drones as Robotnik leans over the edge.

"So, my massively metacarpled friend..." Robotnik starts, looking down at the alien Sandslash. "you mentioned awo-awo-awooo-ultimate power back at the house?"

"The Master Emerald? It does not concern you." Knuckles responds. "I got you off that planet and you brought me to the hedgehog. We have no more use for each other."

"Well, I hate to be a contrarian, but....." Robotnik starts, pushing buttons on his gloves. "...I think we might."

Then, more and more of the drones surround Knuckles.

"You think these machines are a match for me?!??!?? I will shatter them like the bones of a fallen-" Knuckles starts before seeing what the drones were moving around to be. "-oh, they are stairs."

When Knuckles got up to the cliff face, Robotnik had a couple things to bring up.

"You see.....Earth is my turf, g." Robotnik comments, flossing for some reason. "If you don't know how to floss, you'll be lost without me."

"I understand NOTHING of what you just said." Knuckles stated

"I help you retrieve the emerald....and YOU use it to....DESTROY THE HEDGEHOOOOOOG!!!!!!!!!!!" Robotnik snarled

After some thought, Knuckles looks at Robotnik.

"You're suggesting an alliance?" Knuckles asks

"Around here, we simply...grip each other's hands tightly." Robotnik says, holding his still regular hand out to Knuckles

Knuckles gripped, cracking Robotnik's bones a little.

"You....truculent space pumpkin! You crushed my favorite hand!" Robotnik comments

"Really? My hand is uninjured." Knuckles responds as Robotnik rolled his eyes. "But I am now convinced of your commitment."

"'Oh goodie' he exclaimed while he reset two of his knuckles." Robotnik comments, fixing his fingers. "I'm DELIGHTED to be on the same team."

Robotnik pushed a couple more buttons and from behind the massive egg ship came a smaller transport pod.

"Road trip!" Robotnik says as the transport pod stopped next to Knuckles and Robotnik. "I'll let you stick your nose out the window."

Sonic, Ash, Pikachu, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, and Tails had gone to Wade's place.

"Uhh....where are we?" Tails comments

"My garage." Wade responds. "Most open place that can be utilized for, well, anything in terms of rooms in my whole house."

"Okay, okay, focus." Sonic comments. "We need to figure out why Knuckles thinks i'm the key to finding the Master Emerald, and why did he mention Longclaw?"

Clemont thought before saying, "There's gotta be a connection."

Sonic realized something.

"There is!" Sonic comments, pulling out his old ring map. "There's an emerald symbol on the map Longclaw gave me. I never knew what it meant before."

Suddenly, the map began glowing blue.

"Something's happening!" Tails exclaimed as everyone stepped back

Sonic ended up dropping the map on the garage floor and out from it rose a spectral projection of Rava, an alien Sceptile in a slightly torn cloak wielding a staff of some kind. And someone Sonic saw as an uncle before being sent to Earth.

"R...Rava??" Sonic mutters

"Hello, Sonic...if you're seeing this then....something has happened to both me and Longclaw..." The spectral projection of Rava spoke. "I know Longclaw got to Earth with you but I prey you're still unharmed....this world has been chosen for an extremely important reason, it's the secret location of the Master Emerald."

The spectral projection tapped it's staff on the ground and an emerald of some sort appeared.

"The emerald has the power to turn thoughts into reality." Rava adds

"Like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters..." Wade muttered before getting shushed by everyone, well, except for Sonic

"In the wrong hands, it can threaten all forms of life in the universe. Protecting it was both Longclaw and I's sacred duty." Rava states. "But with both of us gone, I must pass that responsibility to you."

"This.....is my moment..." Sonic comments

"Follow the map, find the emerald, and keep it safe." Rava instructs. "My dear Sonic, you have a heart unlike no creature i've ever known......Longclaw and I both love you too much for words to comprehend.......goodbye....."

Then, the spectral projection started fading, a small spectral leaf falling right into Sonic's hands as he held it close.

"I won't let you or Longclaw down, Rava....." Sonic commented as tears fell from his eyes

Then, the lights came back on as Wade looks at tails and asks, "So is that...your dad?"

"What??" Tails questions

"No?" Wade asks

Sonic picks up hsi map.

"According to this map, the first clue to the emerald's location is over in the Uqxazi region." Sonic comments

"And with Knuckles already here, it's a race." Tails stated

"You know, I knew a kid in middle school named Knuckles. Could fit his whole fist in his mouth." Wade says. "If this is the same Knuckles, whoo, we are screwed."

"This Knuckles, that Knuckles, doesn't matter here if you ask me." Ash comments

"Besides, we're gonna get there first." Sonic comments, opening a ring portal to somewhere in Uqxazi

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, what's this 'we'?" Tails comments

"Y'all comin' with me." Sonic responds

"Oh nononono, I just came here to warn you." Tails said. "I'm not a field guy."

"Don't worry, I got your back. I won't let anything happen to you." Sonic comments, putting his fist out

Tails walked over with a raised eyebrow.

"It's a power bump, on Earth, it means an unbreakable promise." Sonic explained.

"Okay." Tails comments, giving Sonic a power bump. "I'm in."