Chapter 5

Meanwhile, in the Mean Bean Coffee Co. coffee shop, Stone had finished another lattee, giving a little picture of himself and Robotnik to the top, checking his watch. Then, that's when Robotnik stepped in the door.

 Then, that's when Robotnik stepped in the door

"Doctor. It's really you." Stone comments, noticing Robotnik's new look as Stone's wolf tail stuck up a little from excitement. "You look...different."

"Papa's got a brand new 'stache." Robotnik comments, doing a quick little spin. "Ha!"

"I knew it. I knew it!" Stone comments, grabbing the latte and walking over to Robotnik. "I knew you'd come back, sir! I never stopped steaming your Habereran Miltank milk."

Robotnik took the latte and took a little sip as Knuckles stepped in.

"Could use some mushroom." Robotnik comments

"You..brought something." Stone comments, noticing Knuckles. "Some kind of...space Quiladin."

"Quiladin? I am a Sandslash. Trained since birth in all forms of lethal combat, destined to restore honor to my tribe and willing to destroy ANYTHING that gets in my way." Knuckles responds

Stone held out his hand as he said, "Well, then welcome to the team."

Knuckles gripped Stone's hand, crushing it a little as he yelped in pain.

"That means he trusts you, Stone." Robotnik comments as Stone nodded. "now let's RRENOVATE THIS DUMP!"

"Latte, with steamed Habereran Miltank milk!" Stone shouts

Then, the entire interior of the coffee shop changed to something more akin to Robotnik's old truck interior.

Robotnik looked around.

"Followed your instructions to a t, sir." Stone comments, taking the cup from Robotnik and setting it on a side counter. "From the Robotnik Manifesto: Section 5 Article 12."

"'In the event of my capture, death, disappearance or account suspension on social media, construct-'" Stone starts

"'--a secure secret safehouse and await my return'." The both of them finished

"Jinx. You owe me a lifetime of service." Robotnik comments. "And I do hope that really is true, Stone. Cause goodness thrives when bad men do nothing."

Stone then got a tiiiny bit nervous. But what was causing his nervousness needed to be brought up cause it was a bit important for him to know.

"S-Sir, there is something you should know, though." Stone comments, trying to keep his cool

"Is there?" Robotnikc ommetns, making Tzzt noises with some of his body parts, mainly his arms and fingers.

"After you vanished, the Kanto Region Government dissolved any and all records they could of your identity." Stone explains

"They....what??!???" Robotnik snapped, wanting confirmation either from Stone or Houndoom in the form of one of them nodded

Stone's Houndoom was the one to give the confirmation nod.

"Those....mouth breathing PENTAGOONS." Robotnik snarled. "they wanna make me disappear like they did Taylor Lautner and the Sham-Wow Guy! Seems ever since I have been gone that humanity's slipped into some sort of....cancel culture to say the least. In any event, it's getting harder to be diabolical."

"They also froze all assets and bank accounts directly connected to your name, sir." Robotnik comments

"Cute." Robotnik comments, having a plan in mind

"Nothing some crowdfunding and high exploitation can't rrremedy!" Robotnik comments, setting up a fake crowdfunding thing which had instantly began ranking in money at an incredible rate before attempting to step on Stone's foot to make sure he had his senses up and he did. "Improving your senses I see."

"MOTHER-" Stone comments before cutting himself off when stubbing his toe on the counter which at it's core was till tile and wood

"I never met mine." Robotnik comments. "Thanks for reminding me."