006

after me and belly got ready we went downstairs to meet up with our mom and Susannah. once we all got in the car we began driving to town to shop for dresses. I was actually really excited.

in the first store we went into I found two dresses. One was blue with white little flowers on it, and the other also had white flowers on it , but it was yellow. Belly also found a few dresses and before we knew it we were looking at what looked like...wedding dresses.

"oh my gosh these are beautiful" I said as I ran my fingers over the fabric of the dresses. "I agree" Belly said next to me. "they look expensive" my mom said while crossing her arms. "its okay Laurel I can pay for them" Susannah said while smiling at us. "okay now lets try some on!" she said excitedly.

the first one I tried on was.. interesting. "okay no, no way" Belly said while laughing at me. The next one was okay, but it was just too basic for me. "that ones better, but too bland" Susannah said while tilting her head the side looking at the lack of detail on the dress.

the next dress I tried on was beautiful. it was long and flowy and had a beautiful design on it. It was for sure the one. "oh my gosh" belly said as she stared at me with her mouth hung open. "you look beautiful" Susannah said, smiling at me. "I agree, you look amazing honey" my mom said while coming up to me and examining the dress.

"okay now your turn Belly" I said. we had decided that was the dress I was going to get and so now it was Belly's turn to try on dresses. She tried on a few until finally. "oh my gosh, you look like a princess" Susannah said while walking up behind Belly in the mirror. "she looks like the tooth fairy" my mom said from where she sat

my mom knew that Belly wasn't really a dress person. and she knew this dress was too much for belly. but I guess when she saw how happy Belly was in the dress, she decided not to say anything.

once we left the store we went home and got ready for our first day at being a debutante. Now we were in the car Infront of the country club. Belly had just gotten out the car and left because she didn't want to be late. but I wanted to stay and talk to my mom.

"thank you for driving me mom" I said while fidgeting with my fingers. I was really nervous, I think that's why I stayed in the car, to distract myself from going in. "yeah of course" my mom said while smiling at me.

"lia?" she said as I reached for the door handle. "yeah?" I said while turning back to face her again. "I just want you to know that if you or Belly decide you hate it or if the girls are mean or even if the food is bad, you can text me, I promise I wont say I told you so" she said while smiling at me.

"thanks mom but ill be fine, and so will belly" I said. "okay have fun honey" she said while smiling at me once more. I then sent her one more smile back before getting out of the car and walking towards the building. as I was walking past the pool I saw Jeremiah.

"Jere!" I yelled at him. he didn't notice me at first. "Jeremiah!" I shouted again. He then finally looked up at me. "woah, I didn't recognize you at first" He said while looking me up and down. "okay, be honest, is it bad" I said while looking down at my outfit. I was wearing the yellow dress with white flowers on it and a white hat. I also had on some white heels that felt super uncomfortable to walk in.

"what? no you look beautiful, as always" he said while smiling at me. "thanks, I better get going, im already super late" I said while pointing behind me. "here, let me walk you" he said while throwing the towels he was holding into an empty golf cart.

we linked arms and began walking towards the room we were meeting in for tea and snacks. I honestly was still very nervous but Jeremiah was helping calm the nerves.

When we approached the room we were laughing about some joke Jeremiah had just made. Everyone stopped to look at us, I guess we were being too loud. "Jeremiah" an older looking lady said sternly while looking at Jeremiah. "Paige" he said while nodding his head at her. "where is your shirt" she said while crossing her arms.

"its always a pleasure" he said, changing the subject. she looked at him, unamused. I felt really awkward. "this is Lia, I mean uh Amelia Conklin, the young women my mom told you about, my future wife" he said while smiling at me. "she's late" Paige said while crossing her arms. "I'm so sorry" I said while looking down at my feet. "your at table two" she said while a smile.

"see you later Lia" Jeremiah said while kissing me on the forehead. I could feel the stares of the other girls. "are those little Brie and fig jam sandwiches with the prosciutto?" Jeremiah said while looking at the snacks displayed on the tables.

"don't you dare" Paige said sternly. "okay" he said while walking over to the table anyways. "Jeremiah those are for the girls!" Paige yelled as he took one. "just one" he said while walking back to me. "knock em dead" he said with a wink before walking out the door.

I swear Jeremiah Fisher is going to be the death of me.

we hit 300 reads! thank you guys so much for the votes and comments, you guys are too nice. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry if its bad I just wanted to update since I haven't in a while