Wait?! I Wrote That ✅

"Wait! I Wrote That? is a different kind of book

"Wait! I Wrote That? is a different kind of book. It combines memoir, storytelling, and music that creates an interactive experience for the readers. A young adult named Victoria Christie must use her inventive imagination to show her audience how her writing has changed overtime. She shares drafts of her oldest stories, and it is up to her readers to decide how they should end—through an endless supply of genres and characters.

With each story, Victoria explores the basic principles of writing: setting, plot, conflict, and character. She proves that it does not take a good writer to write a good story. Everybody has the talent; they just need to decide if they want to improve it. Victoria wants to get this message across to her audience, but at the end of the day, she remains an undiscovered author.

However! Victoria refuses to give up. She knows her audience will find a story they like in her collection. She knows that somewhere in the world, is somebody who will interact with her and her writing.
Since 4th grade, Victoria has loved to write, but that does not mean she hits plenty of hurdles during her journey—especially when her older brother dies unexpectedly August 2021. Writing becomes the least of her worries, and all she can do is grieve. Her parents pull her aside one day.

"Vika," they say, their voices breaking, "you can't let Matthew's death stop you from writing. You have so many wonderful stories that need to be shared. Writing is who you are. These past few months, we feel like we have lost another child."
"I'm trying, Mom and Dad," Victoria replies, "but it's so hard."

"We know you can do it, sweetie." And just like that, Mr. and Mrs. Christie bury their soft lips in their daughter's dirty, blonde hair.
Victoria takes her parents words into consideration. She decides to put together an interactive novel of her old stories—most which are incomplete and based off real-life events, as mentioned in some of her notes before each story. As she works on the book, her confidence skyrockets. There's the spark she lost when her brother died! Victoria forgot how much she loved to write and how much her stories mean to her. It is crucial for her to share her journey with her audience, so they know that a tragic event will never destroy one's island of personality.
Get lost in the world of Claxton, which tells the story of a young merman named Tracey, who must overcome his fear of humans to find his place in society. Fly with Rey on her journey to find Luke Skywalker and save the galaxy from the evil Emperor Palpatine. Discover the legend of the Ghost of Ontario, based off something Victoria learned when she went canoeing in the Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater Provincial Park.
Most importantly, Victoria is so happy to have regained her confidence, and she cannot wait to give her audience a book like none other.
"

Written by CroodsGirl