(255) What? The Boss Is Getting Married?!

In the elevator leading into the office, there were two other employees along with Tao Jiahui, who had just parked and squeezed her way into the elevator.

Compared to the others’ reserved attitude toward their boss, Tao Jiahui was much more relaxed. She took a look at her big boss and teased, “Oh boy. Should you start preparing your wedding candies soon?”

Which reporter was the one smart enough to dig out the romance between these two?

All Tao Jiahui wanted to say about this was: Beautifully done!

Lin Yiyi glanced over at her and said, “You have been the general manager for too long and are itching for a change?”

How dare she make fun of her!

Was she in need of a beating or something?

The two little employees behind them shrank into the corners as much as they could with tacit understanding and tried to reduce their presence as much as they could, but their ears were piqued.

Tao Jiahui chuckled and said, “I don’t object to taking on the role of CEO if you feel that I am ready.”

She was recruited by Ms. Lin Ping for an astronomical amount. In a sense, she played a big role in Xinri Media being able to get on track in such a short period of time. Besides, from what she knew about Lin Yiyi, she wasn’t an ungrateful person nor was she manipulative. She was easy to get along with and one could even joke with her from time to time.

Compared to other employees, she wasn’t worried about it at all. Even if she was to leave Xinri Media, many companies would fight over her given her experiences. Confidence came with one’s competency.

Sure enough, Lin Yiyi only harumped and was the first to walk out when the elevator stopped.

After their boss and their “future CEO” had walked out, the two employees pulled out their cellphones and started posting in their employee chat group.

“Extra! We will be receiving the boss’s wedding candies soon!”

An employee reached out her slender fingers and typed on her screen, “Boss Lu of Shengshi Entertainment, right? That’s yesterday’s news already.”

Then there was another employee, “These paparazzi were so behind. We’ve already learned about this a long time ago and they just now got a picture of it? …. That being said, did Boss Lu really spend the night over at our boss’s? That was quite something!”

Someone else chimed in right away, “Exactly! Haven’t the two of them been a couple for a while now? By the way, who was the one who said we will be getting wedding candies from the boss? What’s up with that?”

One of the two employees who heard the entire conversation in the elevator responded, “We heard our boss telling Manager Tao in the elevator with our own ears.”

“What? The boss is getting married?!”

Unbeknownst to Lin Yiyi, rumors were already heading down an uncontrollable path.

When she found out about it, the news of her getting married was already unstoppable.

And for that, Lin Yiyi, “……”

-----------------------

In the end, Lu Xun never had the opportunity to give away the jade dog that he had.

He had given it more thought later on and felt that what Zhe said was quite right. It would be more appropriate to give it away after they were married.

What does a dog represent after all?

It represents loyalty!

That is very meaningful.

Then, the term “marriage” brought all sorts of thoughts to his head.

Even though their relationship was official now, it didn’t feel real. Their days had not changed a bit. He was still going over to the Lin’s for a free meal every day without fail.

How was it any different than it was before?

Is this what being in a relationship is like?

He didn’t think so!

Lu Xun felt desperate.

Whatever happened to the lovey-dovey moments with just the two of them? Most of the time, it was the “family of five” fighting over food over the dinner table. And now, there were the added Ms. Lin Ping and Mr. Gu Chengyi!

The biggest difference, if he must say, was that there were employees discussing when their boss’s wedding was going to take place. Some of the bolder ones even had a wager going on this subject. Some said one month; others said three.

The most ridiculous speculation was that the two of them were already married on paper! They just never openly announced it previously until their affairs… ahem, romance, had been exposed.

And, if those around them had these kinds of speculations, the brain holes of the netizens would only be worse.

“Did anyone else remember how they went to the amusement park with their kids over the National Holidays? Someone came out and clarified for them which had misled me to think that it was fake news. Were they already a couple way back then?”

“It had been going on for so long before it was exposed and he was already staying over at her place. In a couple more days, this could very well turn into a life and death matter.”

“Ahahahaha, I think the previous poster had nailed it. Is Lin Yiyi already with child? Is that why they decided to announce their relationship?”