(264) She Didn't Expect Him To Straight Up Pawn It Off To His Sister!

Lu Xun had no idea what to say to Ms. Lin's comment. He gave Lin Yiyi a pathetic look hoping for some compassion from her but, instead, Lin Yiyi thrusted a bowl of rice into his hands mercilessly.

“Eat more. Look how my mom’s heart ached for you.”

“Says who?” Thought Ms. Lin Ping and Mr. Gu Chengyi.

Withstanding the fierce stare from the two bosses, Lu Xun quietly picked up the bowl…

Wait a minute!

Weren’t they having barbeque today?

Why did he have to have rice?!

Little kiddo Meng Shanshan was holding onto a barbeque fish with both of herpaws and busying herself looking back and forth between her grandfather and Uncle Lu.

Suddenly, the barbeque fish in front of her was snatched away… !!!!

The little girl was stunned.

Lu Mingzhe had already placed a skewered of meat into the plate in front of her, “There was no more meat left on that fish; why were you still munching on it? Here. Have some meat.”

Meng Shanshan looked over at the fish bones that he had placed to one side and noticed that he was right about the fish. With a look full of regret, she lowered her head and was about to work on the barbeque meat…

Except that even after she had lowered her head and opened up her little mouth, she still wasn’t able to put any meat into her mouth!

This time, both Meng Shanshan and Lu Mingzhe turned simultaneously.

Meng Yuran sat there comfortably as though he wasn’t the one who was being stared at.

He took a bite out of the skewered meat that he had taken from his sister’s plate before placing a skewer of mixed vegetables into her plate. “A kid should not be a choosy eater. You need to have more vegetables.”

Meng Shanshan, “……”

You make it sound like you are not a choosy eater yourself!

Meng Yuran, feeling neither shame nor guilt, had successfully given the vegetables away to his sister. Nevertheless, as he was happily munching on the barbeque meat, another skewer of mixed vegetables appeared in his plate…

Meng Yuran, “……”

Lin Yiyi looked squarely at him and said, “A kid should not be a choosy eater. You need to have more vegetables.”

She figured there was no way he would just eat the vegetable skewer that she had given him earlier without a fight but she didn’t expect him to straight up pawn it off to his sister!

-----------------------

After dinner, a normal family routine was to sit around and watch television together. Nevertheless, this was Christmas Eve and the simple routine would not feel very festive.

As such, Mr. Gu pulled out two movie tickets from his pocket as though he was performing magic.

Just when everyone thought the movie tickets were for the only young couple in the room and even Lu Xun was surprised and regretted that he didn’t think about it sooner and Lin Yiyi had a helpless oh-allllright look on her… Mr. Gu handed the tickets over to Ms. Lin Ping.

He even said to her lovingly, “We haven’t been to a movie together for a long time. I bought these tickets a while ago.”

Alright! Everybody was shoved a big bowl of dogfood!

Lin Yiyi, Lu Xun, “……”

They couldn’t have mistaken it more.

A woman, whatever her age might be, always loved to be pampered.

And that point was fully driven home by this pair of old lovebirds.

It also doubled as a great lesson for Lu Xun.

The old couple cleaned up and left hand in hand, leaving the rest of them looking at each other.

Meng Yuran stood up, bored, and went back upstairs.

Lu Mingzhe reached his hand into his pocket. A second later, he pulled something out of it and handed it over to Lu Xun. “Here.”

Lu Xun, “? ? ? ?”

What he had taken from his nephew’s hand were two movie tickets!

Lin Yiyi, Lu Xun, “… …”

The two, after being stunned by the old couple, were stunned all over again and were now staring at the teenage boy wordlessly.

“I knew you would forget.” Lu Mingzhe felt speechless too!

Lu Xun still had a shocked look on him. “Huh? When did you buy these tickets?”

During holiday times like tonight, had he not had bought the tickets a few days ago, it would be too late to think about them now. Even those most corner of all corner seats would be taken by now.

Lu Mingzhe did not respond to him.

Even when he didn’t say a word, one could still tell that deep contempt under his calm look.