Mystery Box

"Batman, the daughter of the eco-terrorist Rā’s Al Ghūl was seen in Gotham last day. She could be dangerous. You need to --"

"It's not a problem"

Wonder Woman hated to be cut off like that. Also, she was not happy with Batman's reaction to her statement.

"What do you mean, it's not a pr--"

"I meant it's not worth worrying about"

Again. She was cut off. Also, the answer was not satisfying.

"Aw, the guy's got a soft spot for the beautiful lady there!" Green Lantern said and threw his arms in the air, laughing.

Flash nudged his arm and shushed.

"Batman, Rā's is a very dangerous man and I don't believe his daughter is any less" Superman tried. Bruce sighed.

"Talia is of no harm. I know it"

"Oh, you know her name too! I dunno what you are, a fanatic in a bat suit or a pevert in a bat suit?"  Hal sure talks too much. But as much as everyone chooses to ignore him, he would survive.

"How can you be sure, Bats?" Flash asked.

A moment of silence.

Just as Hal opened his mouth to say something, Batman spoke, "She came to see me"

"What, are you guys dating or something? Because that would make total se--"

"Used to. A long time ago"

Now, everyone's mouth flew open. Batman rolled his eyes under the cowl.

"You sure are a mystery box, Batman" Green Arrow mumbled.

"Hn. If there isn't anything else, the meeting is adjourned" Batman stood up and walked to the zeta tubes.

The leaguers watched him go. Why was he in a hurry. Well, wasn't he always like that? Not a big deal.

•••

"Dami, look at big brother fly!" Dick called out to his baby brother and jumped from on top of the refrigerator to the dining table.

"And watch cool-brother pull him down!" Jason grabbed Dick's arm and pulled at it hard.

Dick fell on his face and Jason went down with him. He is only eight, afterall.

Jason couldn't stop laughing as Dick sat up rubbing his face.

"You're a bad brother" Jason mock pouted and started to laugh again. Damian watched the boys and was giggling.

"Welcome to the craziest family ever" Tim said to Damian as he handed over a doll to him.

•••

Bruce walked into his room to see all four of his boys fast asleep in his bed. Damian was lying on top of Dick and Dick had his arms wrapped around Damian. Jason had one of his arms around Tim's neck and one of his feet on Dick's face. Tim's arm was wounded around Jason's body and they all lied there peacefully.

Bruce couldn't help, but chuckle. Getting the boys into the family was the greatest decision he ever made. He smiled and closed the door. He walked to the grandpa clock in his study.