Mission

"Do you really have to leave?" Dick asked in a hushed tone as Alfred packed his bags for a visit to England.

Alfred smiled at the little boy. "Your father insisted I take a break, Master Richard. I won't be gone for long"

"But... What if Bruce burns down the kitchen?" Jason asked and Bruce rolled his eyes.

Alfred chuckled.

"C'mon,boys. He deserves a break from all this" Bruce tried to shoo the boys out of the room. He somehow succeeded to do so after earning a few protests from them.

•••

It's been almost an hour since Alfred left. He must have got in the plane. Bruce was feeding Damian as a beeping sound emerged from one of the house alarms. Bruce knew what it was. The Justice League emergency alert.

The boys turned their head from where they were watching cartoons. They knew their father was the caped vigilante. Even Damian knew it. The boy seems to like it more when Bruce wears that cowl with pointy ears.

Bruce carried Damian to his brothers and placed him in Dick's lap.

"I'll be right back"

"Okay" Dick said as he gladly took his baby brother from Bruce.

Bruce rushed to the Batcave and put on his cape and cowl. His computer was receiving a call from the JL. He accepted it.

"Batman" Superman spoke from the other side. "We need you to report at the Hall of Justice right now. It is important"

Batman gave the man a curt nod and walked to the zetas after shutting down the computer. He hoped this wouldn't take long as his kids were all alone in the house.

•••

"You don't understand" Batman growled as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. The League wanted him to go on an off world mission and he didn't know how to convince them otherwise without telling them the truth.

"Batman. You are being unnecessarily stubborn. You can't abandon us when we need you the most"

Batman thought about it. He would be able to get a babysitter for his kids. It is only a matter of a week afterall. He heaved a deep sigh.

"Fine" A sigh of relief escaped the Leaguers.

"So. Batman and Green Lantern, you leave tomorrow. We need to find a way to stop these kryptonian radiations from reaching the Earth. That is our mission"

•••

Bruce was now lecturing his boys about how well they should behave when he's away. The boys were protesting too much.

"How am I supposed to look after a baby?!" Even Dick was yelling now.

"I told you, chucko. You won't have to"

"What if the babysitter is a bad lady and she hurt Damian? I will kill her then" Jason was banging his head on the wall as he spoke.

Tim stood with an amused expession. He didn't know what he found more funny, his deadpanning brothers or the fed up father.

Just as Bruce opened his mouth to say something, The alarm went off again.

What is it now?....

Bruce once more went down to the cave, leaving his sons to deadpan all by themselves.

When he reached the computers, he felt strange as the computer screen was glitching. He wondered if someone hacked into the system.

After a few moments, a very familiar face appeared on the screen. Bruce clenched his jaws.

"Detective"

_____________________________________________

Hey folks!

I was a bit confused with what off world mission to give the Big Black Bat.

I couldn't come up with anything interesting... So look what I went with🤣

C'mon I just wanna shoo him off!

Hope u loved this...
Vote and comment if u do!

🙂♥️