Reaching out

Bruce paced to and fro in his room as he internally cursed Rā's Al Ghul for the devil he was. How dare he threaten to take away his baby boy?!

Now, Bruce found the idea of leaving the kids alone riskier. He know the League doesn't have any mission at hand right now. The kryptonite-thing is just something that could be handled just by him and the Lantern alone. Maybe he should ask them for help. But how? He cannot risk his identity. He doesn't trust them enough.

He thought about what he'd do.

He decided to ask the League for help. Not as Batman, but as Bruce Wayne.

Bruce had something he could use to contact the league if necessary. The League gave it to him as people threatened his life for providing the Justice League with all the money they needed.

That's it, then. Bruce worked on the communicator and a hologram appeared in front of him.

Switching completely into his Playboy persona, Bruce shot his eyebrows up and whistled as Wonder Woman appeared in the hologram. The rest of the Justice League stood behind her.

"Mr. Wayne?" Wonder Woman spoke as Bruce stood there, seemingly dazed.

"Oh, Yes. Ah... I have something to tell you"

"Go on"

"Some guy named... Race... Al cool... Uh something like that..... He phoned me and said he is going to take away my son?"

It took a moment for the League to realise what he was saying. When they did, their eyes widened in shock.

"Rā's Al Ghūl" Superman whispered.

"I know right, funny name"  Bruce said and chuckled to himself.

"Mr Wayne, Rā's is a very dangerous man. He is as powerful as... The Batman is"

Bruce whistled, looking impressed by what Superman said. They really think that?

"Why would he want to take away your kids?"

Bruce shrugged.

"We can assign you the protection you need. Rā's' threat is to be taken seriously" Wonder Woman said with a grim voice.

"Well, Alfred is, I mean my butler is currently in England. And I am leaving for Australia tomorrow morning. Business trip. I was going to assign a babysitter for the boys"

A babysitter? Really? How can someone be so care free? If this is how he is, why did he take in so many kids in the first place? The Flash thought and let out a deep sigh.

The Justice League looked at each other and gave each other a curt nod. Bruce had a feeling his plan was working out just fine.
He wasn't wrong.

"We can take care of your kids until we take care of the situation" Wonder Woman said and looked at him intently.

Bruce acted as if he was giving it a thought "Wouldn't that be a problem for you?"

"You have been really generous to us, Mr Wayne. It is high time we returned the favour"

"Okay then"

"We'll see you at your place tomorrow morning" Bruce gave a curt nod and the call ended.

Now that's covered, he need to go lecture his boys about how important it is to keep his identity safe.