the way i loved you

Y/N's POV
"Ano bang problema mo!" I screeched as I glare at Tricia who's looking at me with a teasing gaze. She's been bugging me all day when all I do is literally scroll through my phone peacefully. I don't even talk to her.

"Ikaw" she said, crossing her arms.

"Pakihanap muna ng pake ko"

I went back to scrolling my phone, not wanting to give her any more of my precious attention.

"Y/N"

I internally cursed frustratedly as I hear her annoying voice calling my name again.

I ignored her.

"Y/N"

Her voice louder. I imagined strangling her in my mind as I continue to ignore her. It was so satisfying.

"Y/N"

I took a deep breath, gripping my phone hard as I stop myself from punching her pretty face.

I only gave her a look as a response. She fell silent as I look at her. She looked back at me with the same intensity. And with that, another round of our staring game began. No way I'll let her win this shit.

Gamely, I maintain eye contact. I crossed my arms, narrowing my eyes more.

We've never done our staring game this close to one another. It's just now that I realized how beautiful her features really are. I felt it harder to maintain the eye contact once I felt conscious in her gaze. Her eyes are so beautiful.

She is auditing my appearance with the same narrowed eyes that I am. Our stares clash. To avoid dying, I reluctantly breathe in a minty sampaguita-like smell. She smells so good.

Despite the tendons in my neck beginning to cramp, I don’t permit myself to lower my eyes. I had this urge to look at her lips, but I caught myself before doing so. Why would I want to see it up close? I wouldn’t.

The door opens like the answer to all my prayers. And there was Jill.

"Hoy hoy hoy ano na naman yan! Kayong dalawa ha! Napapagod na ako maging referee niyo" she butted in, pulling me away from Tricia.

I huffed, still glaring at Tricia. "Yang ate mo laking epal. Nananahimik na ako eh"

Tricia mocked me as she does funny faces, giving me the urge to slap her arm.

Jill stood between us, keeping our hands off the other. "Oh oh tama na mga bata. Tara na tawag na tayo ni mama dun" she said, pulling my hand towards the door. I followed Jill's footsteps but still kept my deadly glare fixated on Tricia. She sticks her tongue out when she saw me still looking at her. I grabbed the nearest object I saw, throwing it at her before completely exiting the room. I let out a chuckle as I hear her scream in pain in the living room.

Boom sapul! Haha deserved

I hear her footsteps coming after us. When the door opened, I was welcomed by her narrow glare as she holds her forehead, wincing.

I bit the inside of my cheek as I stop myself from laughing.

"Happy?" she glared, walking past me, leaving me grinning as I nod.

"Tara swimming" I hear Jill say, making me look her way. I shook my head, grabbing my phone.

"Kayo na lang" I said, nonchalant as I sit on the nearest chair I saw.

Jill shrugged her shoulders, letting me be as she invites Tricia.

"Gusto ko kasama si Y/N" I heard Tricia say. I gave her a glare, knowing damn well what she's planning. She knows I'm scared of water. I hate that I told her that. She grins at me devilishly, slowly walking towards where I'm sitting.