-We Are Stargazers-

Warm swathes of sunlight filtered down from the trees onto the pair, tucked away as secret lovers entangled around each other.

Basil felt an overwhelming rush of uncontrollable happiness in his heart, as if every touch and every delicate kiss against Sunny's lips was a dreamlike lull of ginger touches.

They parted briefly, Basil shakily staggering upright in a breathless panic as his hands trembled, pressed close again Sunny's shirt.
"Y-You kissed me-"

"I-I mean,"
Sunny stammered out, his face a rush of deep pinks scattering over his pale skin.
"...it.. it seemed a cooperative effort-"

",,,I kissed you."
Basil realized, eyes widened in sudden shock.

"Y-Yeah.."
Sunny touched his fingertips to his lips in a tiny smile.
"..You did."

"...You KISSED me??"
Basil cried, disbelief overcoming the blush-dressed boy.

"...Was that.. alright?"
Sunny sat upright, hand pressed against Basil's cherry red face in a rush of concern. It felt so warm..

"I-..."
Basil stared at Sunny, his eyes shimmering with a bright promise of tears as the flower boy regarded him.
"..I don't- I-"
Their eyes locked, Basil pressing his hand against Sunny's face and holding it close. He stared at Sunny's lips, features melted into a flowery rush of excitement and terrified joy.
"..P-Please do it again.."

The two tumbled back into the meadow grass, their lips pressed delicately together. Sunny felt warm in ways he never knew possible or potential- feelings overflowing in a strange, flutteringly heartfelt sense of the word he didn't quite understand.
...He loved every second of it.

The two were wrapped messily around each other in a stumbling sense of earnest passion. Basil kissed the pale boy's delicate face again and again with overwhelmed passion, his hands held close against the seams of Sunny's shirt. Sunny closed his eyes smiling, stroking Basil's pale golden hair and leaning softly into every kiss as tears began to gather in their eyes.
Every touch shimmered with feelings they never dared to speak before.
And now they were both here.
Not just.. speaking on those feelings..

...But acting on them.

"...Basil.."
Sunny murmured into the side of the flower boy's cheek.
"Basil, I.."

Basil suddenly pulled away from Sunny, the two breaking contact and laying beside each other on the sunlit grass. Basil trembled feebly, his hands drawn up tight against his lips and his legs tucked daintily behind him, eyes overflowing with thick bundles of confused happy (and panicked) tears. He began to cry, a shaky and shy sound that somehow sounded a bit like nervous (and giddy) laughter.

Sunny watched this, easing to the ground and staring up at the clouds breathlessly as pale streaks of tears rolled down his cool toned face.
"Basil, I love you."

",,I-"
Basil shakily took a few breaths, his face tucked into his hands and completely flushed red as tears rolled onto the meadow beneath their fingertips.
"..I-I uh- I love you too,, Sunny.."
He curled up tighter, as if to feel smaller and smaller in this moment of sheer panicked bliss.
"..My Sunny,,"

Sunny could see Basil tucking his legs even tighter together and his arms being drawn closer over his head as he spoke.
"...I've.. loved you for quite some time, Basil.. ..I- I'm sorry I... I didn't really.. Yeah."
Sunny smiled, laughing with a weak shock.
"..That must've been scary. I never expected you to be the one to say it, and so I always just... put off actually explaining any of it after how you responded in the flower field."