-Caught in a Carnival-

As Kel motioned them inside, the carnival roared to life, with the sounds of screams and indistinct chatter all around them. Seemed like a great deal of the town was here- Alongside a surprisingly large amount of strangers who seems to be from out-of-town, possibly visiting family!

"Balls."
Sunny said, staring at the basketballs absentmindedly, looking over to Kel for affirmation.

"Yeah! Basketballs!"
Kel confirmed, walking up to the game stand with a grin.

"What on earth are you two doing?"
Basil said, glancing up from a truck bed filled with bundles of giant flowers. He had some dirt smudged on his face already, a sincere fondness in his eyes. 

"Checking out this sweet basketball stand!"
Kel replied, still grinning.
"Ya wanna try it out, Sunny?"

Sunny shrugged.

Basil stumbled up and trotted over to Sunny's side, offering him a friendly glance of what he hoped would be encouragement.
"You can do it, Sunny!"

"Yeah, it'll be sick! Give it a try!" 
Kel said, his eyes bright with glee.

"Ok." 

Basil smiled warmly and pat Sunny on the shoulder excitedly as Sunny threw one of the balls meekly at the hoop, only for it to bounce off the hoop and immediately come soaring back down into Basil's face.
"eEP-!!"
*FWAP*

"Oh shOOT-" Sunny started, genuinely concerned as he watched the flower boy wiggle on the ground in vague, mild agony.

"Oh HECK-! Man down!! You good, Basil??"

"ngfghfgfghjgdh..."
Basil groaned uncomfortably.
"..n...noooo....."

Sunny perched over Basil's frail form and gently pulled out a medkit that had been tucked into his pocket, popping it open and pulling out a bandaid.

"....Sunny..?"
Basil squinted up at Sunny, confused.
"...Why are you using a bandaid for blunt force trauma when there isn't even any bloo-"

"Shshshshhh..."
Kel hushed, suddenly at Basil's other side.
"He knows what he's doing, trust me."

Basil just blinked, stifling a small giggle.
"No.. No, I don't think he does-"

Basil tried sitting up straight, only for Sunny to press a bandaid onto his forehead. Basil slumped back onto the ground, vaguely confused.

"Sunny. That did nothi-"

Sunny then gently kissed Basil's forehead on the bandaid, patting the top of his head softly.

"See? Works every time!"
Kel chimed in gleefully.

Basil lay on the ground, staring up at nothing before he turned to Kel with disturbed confusion on his face.

"...Do you think you have a concussion?"
Sunny asked nonchalantly.

"...No. No I don't think I do, it wasn't really that hard of a ball.."

"And you DID throw it really softly!"
Kell admitted.

"Ah. Good."
Sunny said, offering Basil a hand up with a little smile. 

By then, though, Kel had already scooped up the flower boy and propped him back up on his feet, leaving a few startled passersbys to finally glance away from the confusing scene and move on with their day.
"..Do you want to try the ball-hoop game thing, or..?"

"No- No thank you,,"
Basil weakly responded, rubbing the spot on his forehead where Sunny had kissed him. The bandaid was so sticky and warm! How long had that been stewing in Sunny's pocket for?
"Is.. Is that how you normally handle situations, Sunny?"