jeno - day off

word count : 582

-

"mommy!" you heard your son shout and heard him running.

"yes, sweetie?" you spoke and felt your son hug your leg, "be careful, i'm cooking food."

"why does daddy look like a burrito?" he asked, referring to your husband, who was taking a nap on the couch.

"daddy is really tired," you answered his question.

"did daddy dance to hard?" your son asked.

you giggled at his question, "maybe. can you wake your dad up so he can eat something?" you asked him.

"okay!" your son replied and stopped hugging you. you heard him scurry into the living room. "daddy! wake up!" you heard him say.

you poured the soup you made for jeno into a bowl.

"daddy~ wake up please!" your son continued to try and wake up his father.

with the hot bowl of soup in your hands, you went into the living room and set it down on the table. your son was still trying to wake up his father.

"mommy, can i hit him?" your son asked, "he won't wake up."

"hitting isn't good. give him a kiss on his forehead instead," you said and lifted your son up so he was on jeno. you watched your son kiss jeno's forehead.

you watched your husband finally wake up from his nap. "what am i? prince charming waiting his princess to wake him up instead of the other way around?" jeno spoke.

"but i thought i'm a prince?" your son questioned. "so is daddy a princess?" he started to ponder to himself.

"sweetie, want to feed dad?" you asked your son while jeno sat up.

"babe, i got it," jeno said to you and you handed him the bowl.

"i-i can do it!" your son exclaimed.

"how about i hold the bowl while you feed me? the bowl's still hot," jeno said to your son; the latter nodded.

you returned to the kitchen and start preparing ingredients to cook for dinner. once you were done, you grabbed a juice box for your son and a cup of water for your husband.

"hey daddy?" you heard your son speak.

"what's up?" jeno replied.

"how did you and mommy meet?" your son asked.

"how did me and mommy meet? well, me and your mom met during a photo shoot," jeno replied. you looked into the living from the kitchen, smiling at their conversation. "she looked super pretty, so daddy decided to ask her for her phone number. once i did that, we got to go on so many dates! and eventually, we got married and you were born."

you walked a bit and stood in the entranceway to the living room with the juice box and the cup of water.

"so mommy's your princess, right? then what am i?" your son asked. jeno finished drinking the soup and out the bowl on the table before pulling your son into his lap.

"well, it's more like mommy is my queen, which would mean i'm the king. therefore, you're our little prince," jeno said to him.

"really?" your son asked.

"really," you spoke up, making jeno and your son look at you. you walked in and handed them their drinks. "like you said earlier, your a prince. you'll always be our little prince," you said to him and kissed your son's forehead. "we love you."

"i love you, too, momma!"

"hey, what about me?" jeno asked, punching your son's cheek.

"i love daddy too!" your son exclaimed before jumping into your husband.