doyoung - dinner

word count : 822

-

"hi, how can i help you?" you spoke as a guy walked into the restaurant.

"table for one, please," he requested. he pulled the door closed so the cold air wouldn't continue to go through.

"would you like to sit at a table or at the bar?" you asked him.

"a table," he replied. you nodded and looked down at the tablet screen. you clicked on a table and added a person to it. then, you grabbed a menu from the short stack next to you.

"follow me," you said to the guy with a smile. you started walking away from the host stand with the customer following you. you brought him to a table and placed the menu down on the table while he sat down. "your server will be with you shortly," you said to him.

"thank you," he smiled at you.

you returned to the host stand where one of your co-workers was looking at one of the tablets.

"i just sat someone in your section," you mentioned to your co-worker, taeyong.

"good thing i'm back from my break," he said and looked over into one half of the dining room to look at the customer. "oh, he's your type," he commented.

you glanced over at the customer, "he is, but i bet you that he has a girlfriend."

"if he's here by himself, then he probably doesn't have one," taeyong replied. "i'll go ask him."

"don't do that! you trying to make it obvious?" you quietly scolded him.

"i'm trying to get my best friend a boyfriend," he replied before realizing something, "oh shoot. i never put in someone's dessert order," he said and immediately hurried away to nearby pos system.

you rolled your eyes and shook your head while continuing to work your shift.

-

"y/n, make anything today?" one of you co-workers, ten, asked as he slung his arm over your shoulder.

"got my paycheck earlier today," you mentioned. "what are you doing here?" you asked him.

"took mark's shift. starts in a few. are you about to leave?" he asked. you nodded, "i'll walk you to your car, jungwoo already warned me about some of the regulars at the bar," he said.

"okay, thanks," you replied. another co-worker came up to you to take over your spot once they clocked in. you clocked out for the night and grabbed your stuff before you and ten walked out together. "no, you should've heard what they said before sending their food back. i thought they were going to start screaming," you said to ten while he walked you out, explaining a situation from the night before.

"people are ridiculous sometimes," ten replied as you two passed by a few cars to get to yours. "are you getting dinner?" he asked you once you got to your car.

"i'm cooking once i get home. don't worry, not instant food this time," you said, hoping to reassure him.

"okay," he smiled, "see you tuesday," he said and started walking back towards the restaurant.

"bye!" you replied. you opened your bag and started fishing through it to look for your keys. "where are they?" you mumbled out loud as you went through your bag.

"excuse me?"

you almost jumped out of your skin when you heard someone speak near you. you looked and saw the cute guy who came to eat at the restaurant.

"i'm sorry. i scared you, didn't i?" he asked, looking genuinely concerned since he scared you.

you gave a bit of a smile to him and awkwardly laughed, "yea, just a bit," you said to him.

"uh, your friend, the guy who was my waiter, he gave me your number," he mentioned.

you froze for a second, processing what he had just said. "i- taeyong gave you my phone number?" you asked.

he nodded in confirmation, "he did, but i figured i should be the one giving it to you," he said and held his hand out with something in between his fingers.

you took the item and realized that it was his receipt for tonight.

"flip it to the back," he instructed and you did so. on the back of the receipt was a message and a phone number.

-

i don't have a girlfriend
-kim doyoung

XXX-XXX-XXXX

-

"hope to see you soon," the guy said. you looked up at him and saw him smile at you before turning around and walking away from you, presumably heading to his own car.

you kept smiling as you managed to find your car keys in your bag. you unlocked your car and got inside, putting your bag in the passenger seat.

you grabbed your phone from your bag in order to text two people. the first one being to taeyong in order to thank him, and the second text to doyoung, in hopes that you would see him sooner rather than later.