chenle - wedding

word count : 529

-

"does my hair look okay?" you asked chenle.

"it looks fine, babe. come on, let's go," he urged, holding the passenger side door open for you to get out of the car. you slide the mirror door closed and flipped the panel up.

you got out of the car, and chenle closed the door for you. he locked the car with his keys, and you two headed from the parking lot into the building where your friend's wedding was being held.

"oh, this is pretty," you commented as you two walked inside the venue.

"i like the theme," chenle said as you two found some of your friends, who were also attending the wedding.

"y/n! you're here!" one of your friends said. you friends stood up, and you greeted them with hugs while chenle greeted your guy friends first.

"you helped decorate, right? you did such a good job with the decorations," you asked one of your friends.

"thank you. when we do dinner later, you're gonna see these cute decorations on the table. they took me forever to find, but i made everyone happy and that's all i care about," she mentioned with a smile.

-

eventually, the ceremony happened and your friend and his wife were officially married. a dinner reception followed after along with some other fun stuff.

currently, you and chenle were dancing on the dance floor with the bride, the groom, and some of the guests. all of you were having a blast dancing around and enjoying the happy moment.

"time to throw the bouquet!" someone yelled and people stopped dancing. the volume of the music was turned down, and a lot of guys moved out of the way.

you went into the group of people trying to catch the bouquet. then, the bride threw the bouquet and everyone watched it fly in the air.

"i don't think i'm supposed to catch this..."

you looked behind and through the crowd of people and saw one of your friends's boyfriend with the bouquet of flowers in his hand. chenle stood next to him and raised his eyebrow at him, "you think?" chenle asked.

the bouquet was thrown again, with less strength from the bride, who was an athlete, and the bouquet was caught by another guest. you made it back to chenle, and the two of you took a break at your table.

"it would've been funny if you had caught the flowers," you laughed while chenle took a sip of his drink.

"i would've just thrown it back," he replied and put his drink down on the table. "is this how our wedding should be?" he asked.

"huh? our wedding?" you questioned.

"gotta start planning early, you know?" he said and smiled at you.

you rolled your eyes at him, "i think you're supposed to propose first."

"let's make things interesting, you propose to me," chenle suggested.

you faced him, "okay then. marry me, right now."

you and chenle stared at each other before he reached over to hug you. both of you started laughing.

"i'll marry you."

"this is all a joke, right?" you asked while laughing.

"i don't know, is it?"

"chenle!"