Chapter 3 : Outersea Detour

It was morning time. A false, mutated flower-shaped sun loomed over the lone tent in the field of cyan flowers. Bamburai got up and stretched, ready for a new day.

"*Yaaaawwnnn....*"

He nudged Bamberly a little, who was still half-asleep. He smiled at her a little.

"C'mon, Berry. Up and at 'em."

"I'm up, i'm up..."

She groggily lifted herself up, rubbing her eyes and looking at her partner.

"You hungry?"

"Mm...you got snacks to share?"

Bamburai nodded, and pulled out a chocolate snack bar he found in the city. The wrapping was comprised of a green background and small, light blue butterflies. He passed it to Bamberly, who quietly took it and started munching on it.

In the meantime, Bamburai went out of the tent and tried to trace down a possible connecting area along the field. He stayed in the minimal shade since the 'sun' was scorching hot. They had to be very careful this time. Bamberly, with crumbs on her face, came out of the tent, curious about whatever the swordsman was mumbling about.

"Burai?"

"We're gonna have to be careful. The area's temperature is at an all-time high, but there's a shortcut we can take."

"Mhm?"

"We're gonna have to rely on the dry wind for this."

Bamberly nodded, and the two soon packed up their stuff. Bamburai poured a small bit of water on his index finger and pointed forwards, the following coldness from the wind blowing making the area easier to navigate. Bamburai's other hand squeezed Bamberly's, assuring she would exactly follow the steps taken.

The couple took several twists and turns following the dry breeze, but exhaustion was catching up on them. Bamburai was losing his patience and Bamberly was practically exhausted.

"This should be it..."

They went forward for about a few minutes. Bamberly was clearly struggling standing up from how utterly exhausted she was. Her legs gave in, and she collapsed.

"Oh, fuck- BERRY!"

Bamburai snapped backwards to see his other half practically fainted. Thinking she got heat stroke, he propped her up on his back and sprinted forward. Panic overtook his train of thought to the point he didn't look where he was going, so that when he stopped running, he was in a completely different area.

"..."

It was almost like a shallow ocean of sorts. The water was fresh, and flowers of every colour dotted the area. Bamburai palmed the water and placed it on Bamberly's forehead. She opened her eyes, and muttered something under her breath.

Bamburai placed her on her feet, the brisk water having an effect. He held her so she wouldn't lose her balance and fall over. With a bit of help and refreshing, she felt a little better, but still groggy.

"So, uh...Where the hell are we now...?"

Bamburai simply shrugged. They walked forward, noticing that more and more flowers were growing from the submerged soil. Butterflies that were all sorts of blue colours were seen floating around them. The further they went, the more overgrown the area became.

Soon enough, the two found themselves right at the center. There were massive blue gemstones embedded into the ground, a white archway covered in blue, gemstone-textured wisteria, and a destroyed and overgrown statue of what could be considered the creator of this area.

The pair sat down under the archway, feeling the water run on them. The swordsman pulled the artist near him, and she rested on his shoulder. He looked at her and smiled, lightly playing with her charcoal black hair.

The atmosphere was perfect.

...

After a fair bit, Bamburai lightly shook Bamberly awake. Their eyes met, and they smiled at each other.

"C'mon, Berry. Let's get going."

She nodded, and she got up, helping up Bamburai. The pair started walking forward once again, mingling and giggling with each other. They were joyous with each other, hand in hand.