Chapter 1 - Release Date

November was it? Yes, It was November 6th when Sword Art Online was released to the public. Every person (Including myself) who pre-registered for it got our hands on it first, hence we were the first to launch into the game that would keep us there for Two Years.

I was in my bedroom when I launched Sword Art Online, I was nervous at first but it slowly began to subside when I had enough courage to say the words that would keep me in there, Link Start. I was then shot into the game of Sword Art Online, my beta character materializing in the Town of Beginnings. My username was quite the sore sight for me as I hadn't touched my beta character since the first beta launch.

Grimmous was my beta username, but I had changed it the day before, Kirin was the new username. I looked around with mixed emotions, seeing how clean the game was, how much the game looked so close to reality and how it could be sold as a reality experience.

My hud was a whole new experience for me to get used to, completely different than the beta but still some similarities. I began testing out the menu to see if anything else was different, sure enough, It was different with a whole new menu system. I quickly equipped an Iron Straight-sword and headed over to the fields, still a little wonky on walking in a Full-Dive game.

I almost tripped a couple of times and saw the fields flourishing with boars, wolves, and some rabbits. I didn't set my sights on the fields, rather I set my sights on the forest not too far from the fields.

Boar Forest it was called, I headed over to Boar forest and noticed a bunch of beta players here as well. I unsheathed my straight-sword and ran towards an unexpecting boar.

Before my attempted attack could hit the boar, I was suddenly teleported to the Town of Beginnings, Falling face first into the ground and slightly damaging my sword's durability onto the concrete floor. I sighed in disbelief as I began getting up from the ground.

"You gotta be kidding me.."

I thought to myself as I stood up and put my sword back in its sheath. I looked around quite confused at what was going on, seeing other players being teleported back to the Town of beginnings as well. I saw a female player who was in-front of me as I tapped her shoulder.

she turned around as I asked her "What is going on here" with a confused tone. She replied in a panicked tone, stuttering on her words "I-I don't know, W-We were teleported back here like y-you" as I had a solid hunch on what was going on.

In about Two minutes, all the players within SAO were teleported back to the Town of Beginnings, I myself was also confused at the situation. Why would all the players be teleported to the Town of Beginnings? Then we all hear a couple of voices shout from the seamless, confused and scared crowd...

"Look! Look up at the sky!!"

"What the hell is that?!!"

Those were some of the voices I heard from the crowd as I also looked up at the sky. My eyes widened in horror, seeing the sky blood red with red hexagon warning signs covering it.

From the hexagon warning signs, came oozing out a red substance that then formed a gigantic entity with a red hood over their face floating above the entire Town. The entity then began to speak as we, the players, were forced to listen.

"Attention Players, My name is Kayaba Akihiko, You are in my world now. I'm sure you have already noticed that the logout button is missing from the main menu. This is not a bug. I repeat this is not a bug. This is a feature of Sword Art Online. You can't log yourself out from the inside nor from the outside. If this is attempted the transmitter inside the nerve gear will emit a powerful microwave frequency, destroying your brain in the process and thus ending your life. Several players have attempted this, ignoring the warning and promptly killing the person. As a result, Two hundred and Thirteen Players are now gone from both Aincrad and the Real World.