[Volume 2] Chapter 13 - One Year

One Year...It's already been one year since we've been stuck in SAO... Time flies fast and you lose track and yourself through that time... Throughout that year though, We've made outstanding progress, Reaching floor 62 with the help of the Black Swordsman, Lightning Flash, Prodigal Swordsmen, Silent Wraith, Thousand Hand Fistfighter, and The Reaper. Most of us went our own ways, each splitting up into two groups and doing our own things. Toru and I were together for the longest time, right beside Kirito and Asuna's relationship. By this point, The biggest guilds were created. KoB or Knights of Blood Oath is THE biggest guild out there, the Frontlines aren't a group as the Frontlines are mostly freelancing solo and group players.

It was July 18th, 2023, A meeting was held and hosted by KoB. We were all there as I stayed outside, looking at the chasm of the cave systems. We held the floor at floor 60 to make privacy for ourselves. I had a mask on as the mask covered my nose and mouth, the strap on the mask was slightly worn a bit from the countless battles I had to endure.

My Indicator was green for the moment as KoB was still uneasy with my presence at the meeting location. I began to eavesdrop on two KoB members whispering to each other, "Why is he here..? Shouldn't he be up at the newer floors..?" One of the KoB members whispered to the other, as they kept talking. I sighed and looked at them saying "If you have something to say, say it to my face".

Both of them jumped a bit as they looked at me and shook their heads saying "W-W-We weren't saying anything! Please forgive us!" as they bowed hastefully. "Don't bow at me please, It's not like you two are gonna hurt me either way.." I told them as I sighed and turned my attention away from them.

"It's already one year... about to be two..."

I thought to myself, I sighed once more but a bit heavily this time as I felt dizzy. I stumbled forward a bit before catching myself and balancing myself to stay up, my vision began to haze as the two KoB members outside came to my aid after I dropped to the floor.

"Kirin?! Kirin!! Get the others now!!"

One of their voices said as my ears toned it out and everything went silent.

I opened my eyes to hear a machine running in the background, the sound of a monitor. I heard beeps every couple of seconds as the heartbeat was at a slowed state, the beeping then began to beep faster. I waited as I heard mutters and tuned out the commotion from the voidless area. "I'm...Tired..." I said as I heard crying from the void again. I wanted to tune it out from my mind but it wasn't tuning out, I looked to my side as I saw a mental image replication of myself in a hospital bed.

I looked at it and saw the nervegear still on my head, I forced myself to get up and walked a bit sloppily towards the replication. I put my hand on the bed as it felt very soft. The fabric felt soft and comfy. I saw a bright light behind me, hearing a voice from it saying "Kichiro Namikaze, come towards the light" as the voice sounded like my late-mothers.

Her silhouette then came from the light as I slowly walked over towards the light, "You can rest now son..." Her voice said in a calming way as she opened her arms. "Yeah...I am tired..." I thought as a hand grabbed onto my shoulder, I was then stopped and I turned around.

The hand came from my mental image of Sato. He began to speak but nothing came out of his mouth, I had to figure out what he was trying to say. I looked at him and said "Please..Just let me sleep Sato..." pulling my shoulder from his hand and walking towards the light again.

I was mere moments from walking into the light and embracing my late-mothers arms as I felt the weight on my shoulders lifted off. I felt happy for a moment before thinking about the life I am leaving behind, I stopped myself from walking into her arms as I looked back at the void-like opening. "What's wrong dear?" She said as I looked up at her and said "I...I don't think it's time for me to leave...".