Seven

Narrator

The day was filled with constant laughter and back to back interviews about the army. He finally arrived home, safe and sound in his humble abode. Apart from celebrating, he had to take care of business first. Elvis held his lovely smile along with his composure the entire day. By the time the sun set, he felt his body tired and sore from all the traveling. However, he was still hungry after Mary's (one of Elvis' dearly loved cooks at Graceland) welcome home dinner. Fortunately, the night was still young. Elvis realized he now has the freedom to pick up some burgers from his favorite burger joint.

The thought sets in and it's almost like a lightbulb in his head turns on. He gets up from the white couch, searches for his Cadillac keys in the key dish on the glass coffee table. Joe watches intently as Elvis dug through the assortment of keys. Just as he finds his at the very bottom, he darts out of the living room.

Joe calls out for Elvis grabbing his attention. This makes him stop in his tracks.

"Only been here a few hours and you're already trying to bail out!?" Joe blurts out laughing.

Elvis smirks. Without breaking eye contact, he throws his keys up in the air and catches them every so quickly.

"I'm craving some burgers. Dyer's burgers. You in?" Elvis smirks opening the front door. 

Joe's lips curl into a smirk. "We'll hurry your ass up before they close!" He rushes out the door with Elvis right behind him.

Just before shutting the front door completely shut - Elvis yells out. "Joe and I are heading out for some burgers! Ya'll make some room for them!" A combination of cheers and groans can be heard as Elvis shuts and locks the door.

He laughs out relieved. He's free to do whatever he pleases! At any time, at any place, whenever he wanted. Joe joins in with a cheer realizing the same thing. They run inside of Elvis' newest Cadillac. This Cadillac was special, it was gold from top to bottom. It was one of his last purchases before strapping on his combat boots. He turns on the ignition, the engine greets him with a loud roar. Elvis hits the gas pedal and it's music to his ears.

"Alright Joe, let's go." Elvis mutters as he's speeding out the gates of Graceland. Crowds by the gate grew louder and more ecstatic to see him. Little did he know, tonight was going to be a sight.

It took speeding through a few red lights and some co-pilot encouragement for the guys to arrive at the burger place faster than a pizza delivery. Elvis parks right in the center spot of the drive-in restaurant. Just as he turns off the caddy, his stomach begins to rumble. Joe looks around the drive-in keeping aware of his surroundings and hoping to see a pretty face somewhere in between. Elvis relaxes in his seat and runs his fingers through his black hair. They turn to look at each other and try to figure out what to order.

"I think I'll get a double-cheeseburger with some bacon thrown in there. We'll bring back 25 for everyone!" Elvis exclaimed. Joe nodded and looked around just once more. He had a weird feeling he should be looking for something. Or someone.

While Elvis ordered the burgers, the cashier on the other end of the intercom explained the possible wait time for the request and the total. Just then, a cream-color Cadillac pulls in a few spots away from Elvis' side of the car. Joe's eyebrow raised. The gal was gorgeous. Striking with her black hair in a tight bun. Dangling earrings that were noticeably colorful even from afar. He caught a brief look at her as she was pulling in. Elvis was still distracted and just finished up with the cashier. Joe didn't think anything of it and looked over at Elvis.

"How long did he say it'd take? At this rate it'll be midnight." Joe mutters trying to cover the fact he was distracted.

___________
Elvis