Chapter Three

Now

 I was still in the hospital bed. Ryker was passed out in the chair by the bed.  I heard a knock on the door and then I heard voices outside the door. The door opened and it was my best friend Alyssa Tate. Alyssa and I have been best friends ever since October 29th, in sixth grade. I remember the exact day because it was the day of our schools Halloween party. The day I was dared to kiss my crush at that time, who was Ryker. And also the day we started dating. Until 8th grade. But besides the point, we were at lunch playing truth and dare and Alyssa was dared to insult someone, and she chose Kevin Gates, the most popular, stuck up kid in our grade. She said "Kevin, you need to keep your pants up, no one wants to see your lego underwear mommys boy." I laughed so hard I started crying. After lunch was over, I went up and told her that was amazing. Ever since then, we've been best friends. 

"Hey love, how are you doing?" She says walking up to my bed. "Eh, so so, I could be doing better, could be doing worse." I managed to fake a laugh. "How long has he been here?" She whispers sitting by my feet. "Uh since yesterday? I think." Alyssa's eyes got wide. "Seriously! He needs to go home!" We both look over at Ryker peacefully sleeping. "Well technically he's been here since I've been here, but he went home for a bit yesterday morning." She sighs. "When he wakes up, if I'm gone, make sure he goes home." I chuckle. "Okay miss bossy." Alyssa has always had a huge heart, for kind people. And even though Ryker hurt me emotionally, it doesn't mean he's a bad person. People are just people, anyone can do bad things. It doesn't make them a bad person. People make mistakes. And Alyssa's definitely one to know that. Her mom took her dad back after he cheated I don't even know how many times. She's seen how to forgive, and she's good at it. "I just got a text from Mom, she said once you get better shes taking us to the beach. She misses taking us and she knows it will make you happy." She was right, the beach has always been my happy spot. It's just so calming.  "Okay, she might have to wait a while." Alyssa and I chuckled. 

About 20 minutes passed, and Alyssa left because Alyssa had to go to work, so she left me to die by myself. Joking, she had to go make some Big Macs. Plus Ryker was here, so I wouldn't be dying alone anyway. I saw Ryker starting to move, so I knew he was finally getting up. "Hey sleephead, was your nap good?" I asked as he stretched his arms out. "It was okay I guess, it would have been better if it was on a bed though." He winked. Did he, Ryker Beck, just wink at me? What's that supposed to mean? "I mean, I do have a full sized bed that I don't need all of that you could come share with me." Shit. Did that sound wrong? I mean it was definitely a lot. Am I giving the wrong signals? Well he did wink first so I honestly don't know what to think right now. "Funny joke Amelia." Ryker fake laughed. "I'm serious. You don't need to be in the hospital with a broken back from these shitty hospital chairs. Or you could go home. You look like you want a shower." Saying that earned me a blank stare. He got up and walked out the door. Well damn. The shower joke must've put him over the edge. 

I sat in my room for a good 20 minutes scrolling through social media when Ryker walks in the room without knocking. "I could've been naked Ryker! But where did you go?" I see a steaming coffee and an iced coffee in his hand. And he looks cleaner, but with the same clothes. "Well, I asked my cousin if I could use one of the locker room showers since she works here, then I got us coffee." He walked over to the bed and set the coffee's down on the bed side table. "Seriously though, you can sleep in the bed, your back must be killing you." I said patting the bed. "I took pain killers to help with it, but if you insist, I guess I will take you up on the offer." He starts to climb up on the bed and then stops. "Hold on, give me two seconds." He says getting up, walking to the chair with all of his stuff next to it. He bends down and reaches into his bag until he pulls out his laptop. "Movies. I have Netflix. You can pick whatever you want to watch." Ryker opened his laptop and then pulled up netflix. I decided to watch The Kissing Booth because I haven't seen it in forever, and apparently Rykers never saw it. Around halfway through the movie, Ryker is asleep. I knew he was going to fall asleep because its a movie that highschool boys definitly aren't into. "Maybe you aren't as horrible as I last remembered, Beck." I whisper as I fall into a deep sleep, wrapped in Ryker's left arm.