Chapter 2

This work of fiction (including character, names, locations, and incidents) used and mentioned from Chapter 1 – 21 onwards) are products from the original author's imagination, and may be used hence forth to continue the story. There will be little edits – grammar, spelling, and sentence structure that will, in my opinion, improve the flow of the story.

All concept rights goes to the original author, @yass023.
============================================================

The same routine continued between me and Penny for the next 2 months.

Me in bed, Penny bringing me breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and on some occasions reading me books of unrealistic, sappy love stories that I have grown to love as it very quickly became a distraction from my own reality of misery.

What I really missed was the outside. Everything about it.

The way the wind blew at my hair and the rain making my shoes muddy, and in summer the way the sun would shine down on my skin.

Even my hair sticking to my face as tiny beads of sweat formed at my hairline and threatened to trickle down my face.

I just want to be free, however, my wolf reminds me that we cannot go rogue. It will never be an option for us even if it was something I wanted so desperately.

We couldn't survive out there and we both knew that.

However, today a feeling of happiness swirls within me as I know my brother, Ivan, the only person in my family that truly loves and cares for me, will be returning tonight.

I haven't seen him in so long and the last time I heard from him was when I heard my parents talking on the phone with him and our parents gasping from excitement as they screamed their congratulations to him.

This meant that he had found his mate after his two-year journey of searching.

If only they had a friction of love for me as much as they have for him.

I've always wondered about mates. I will never understand the reason one would want to be tied to another's soul and go out of their way just to search for one.

Why put yourself up to be hurt?

I have been told that I will never have a mate, as my mother so kindly told me. "The Moon Goddess will not give such a harsh punishment to her children."

Me. The punishment. A blind wolf who will only drag her mate down and embarrass him.

I'm thankful that I will never have a mate. Imagine if he found out that I am blind! I'm thankful that I would never have to go through with the pain of rejection.

I heard it was one of the worst feelings one could ever imagine.

Penny told me if felt as though your soul was being ripped out of your body, leaving in its wake a feeling of emptiness, a void no one could ever fill.

Not that she had experienced it, but she said her sister had.

Snapping me out of my thoughts was the loud rumble of a car pulling into the driveway of our double story home.

Penny would describe it as a pleasing, quaint dwelling home, only if it was like that on the inside.

I quickly get out of bed, stumbling on my feet as the front door closes. Penny comes into my room, ambling us out with her holding my arm once she senses my excitement.

We hastily walk past the 4 bedrooms, my parents' one being the largest, and my brother's one the second largest.

As we reach the stairs, a shiver runs down my back and a sadness overcome me as I remember the harsh words from my mother.