Chapter 4

This work of fiction (including character, names, locations, and incidents) used and mentioned from Chapter 1 – 21 onwards) are products from the original author's imagination, and may be used hence forth to continue the story. There will be little edits – grammar, spelling, and sentence structure that will, in my opinion, improve the flow of the story.
Any additional characters, names, locations and incidents from Chapter 22 onwards are products of @lev096's imagination.
Any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is coincidental.
All concept rights goes to the original author, @yass023.

===========================================================

My heartbeat thumps violently in my ear and that seems to be the only sound I could hear. Other than my heavy breathing, that is.

My wolf still hasn't calmed down.

Instead, she is even more agitated and is begging to surface. She repeats words over and over so quickly that I couldn't figure out what she is rambling on about.

I can feel Alex tense for a moment before letting go of me, pushing me behind him. He stands in front of me protectively, his towering figure covering my small frame. Another loud, vicious growl sounded, even more frightening than the one before.

"I'm going to be okay; nothing will happen." I repeat in my head and to my wolf even thought I know that it not the truth. Something is wrong, and it's not okay. I assume I am visibly shaking from the tremble of my hands and quivering of my bottom lip. I reach out and grab Alex's shirt, and inch closer to him, pressing myself closer to his back.

The cool breeze from earlier doesn't feel so nice anymore. It's now cold and harsh.

It brings an addictingly earthly scent to my direction, and I lift my head, trying to sniff the air to detect where or whom this scent was coming from.

"Is anything the matter, Alpha Arlen?", Alpha Elis asks.

His voice shakes a little, probably due to being nervous at the possible of going to war with one of the biggest and strongest pack. However, the authority in his voice never wavers.

If I wasn't so afraid at this moment, I probably would have found his nervousness a little funny.

"No." Alpha Arlen grunts, a hint of his wolf showing.

His voice sounds more wolf than man, and I could imagine his wolf shining through, and an image of black eyes flashed through my mind.

"Let's get this over and done with. I want to do the exchange right now.", he demands. His voice is nothing like Alpha Elis.

Alpha Arlen's voice is stronger, fierce, and so powerful. Frightening yet appealing at the same time.

Male dominance is apparent in his harsh voice and vicious growls, almost as if he could bring other Alphas to their knees.

Thoughts of him hurting my brother, Alex, Penny, the only people who I love, and who love me back consumes me, bringing a shiver of fear down my spine. And me, I wouldn't even be able to protect myself against the beast within him.

"W-we had prepared dinner for your pack, so they'll be able to return with full bellies", Alpha Elis stutters out. "Why don't we sit down and carry on with the exchange after dinner?"

I can almost hear the struggle that Alpha Elis is having trying to respond to Alpha Arlen. There could only be 1 Alpha in this situation, and it is clearly not Alpha Elis.

I pray to the Moon Goddess that he rejects the idea of staying for dinner and just leave as quickly as possible.

My wolf seems to be annoyed at those thoughts. She tries to communicate with me, but I block her off. I am too terrified at this moment.