Chapter 3

This work of fiction (including character, names, locations, and incidents) used and mentioned from Chapter 1 – 21 onwards) are products from the original author's imagination, and may be used hence forth to continue the story. There will be little edits – grammar, spelling, and sentence structure that will, in my opinion, improve the flow of the story.

All concept rights goes to the original author, @yass023.
========================================================

My wolf woke me before Stacey could. Her excitement was all over the place and it's probably because of the exchange. Stacey buzzed about my room, adding on to the excitement of the wolf in my head. As for me, I don't understand the point of trying to dress up and looking nice anyways. It's not like we're going to attend a mating ceremony.

Stacey left my room to allow me to get ready on my own, but I have no such luck with the wolf in my head.

Her constant presence in my head is giving one heck of a headache. Worse than I had ever experienced.

Penny's soft footsteps announced her arrival and brought her signature breakfast with her – homemade yoghurt, roasted oats and a bunch of different fruits like wild berries and plums, freshly picked from the forest that surrounds the pack lands.

I feel sorry for Penny having to look after me every day, for giving up her time just to put my needs before hers. She is probably the most amazing person I know.

A knock on the door shakes me out of my thoughts and I turn my head towards the sound. "Good morning, Violet", Ivan says happily. "Goo-d morning", I replied, and I felt my wolf rejoice with being reunited with her brother again. I could almost feel her reconnecting with Ivan's wolf.

I feel like I need to apologize for yesterday. I ruined the family reunion moment. It's supposed to be a happy memory for him, to remember the pride that one's family showed when bringing back their mates.

"I'm sorry for yesterday, I ruined it for you and Stacey." I mumbled and turned my head down. "Violet, you did nothing you should feel sorry for. If anyone needs to be sorry, it's our mother", he said it in a matter-of-fact tone.

Our mother? More like just his mother.

Instead, I say "and I did miss you, so much", replying to his statement from yesterday. "I still have so much to ask you about your journey".

I could feel the happiness radiating from him, and my wolf jumping with joy at the thought of being able to make her brother happy. Maybe this was the reason for her being upset yesterday, she probably thought that he and his wolf were angry with us.

"Ask me! What has gotten you so interested in my journey? I thought you hated mates and the whole idea of them?", he asks mockingly. I rolled my eyes (yes, I can do that) and asks the first question in my head, "How did you step foot into the Silver Moon's land without getting yourself killed, like all the stories we were told when we were younger?"

This question has been in my head since the conversation with Stacey last night, and I'm not sure why I asked it. I didn't believe that the Silver Moon pack could be good.

"I was close to getting killed by the Beta when he had scouted me at their borders. Once I was taken to the Alpha, I explained my situation of not being able to find my mate, and I'm not sure why, but once he heard my explanation, he allowed me onto his lands", he mumbles, still full of curiosity from the Alpha's decision.

"I can't believe you would put your life in danger just to find your mate", I growled. I was angry. What if he was killed? I would never see him again.

"I know what you're thinking, Violet. But I'm fine and I am here with you right now, which is all that matters", he says in a soft voice. "You will see once you find your mate. All the risks are worth it", he says, voice turning serious.