Protective Sister Mode

She steeled her gaze, grabbed Vanya's hand and lead her to the elevator. "Come on, let's get you out of here."

"They won't be happy you let me out." She said in a small voice, pushing her shorter legs to catch up to her taller strides.

"Yeah," Zero said calmly, staring stiffly at the doors as they shut. "They should be more afraid of what I'm about to do."

Vanya wiped under her eyes with her free hand, eyeing her sister from the side.

The sharpness to her clenched jaw was so similar to Five's it almost made her do a double take. The old Five had an anger in him too, a raw one that had come from his time away, and now as she gazed upon his twin it was easy to see how alike the two were despite how they had grown apart.

She was all jagged angles and deep shadows in the flickering light above them; they caressed her cheekbones, her jaw, her eyes that could pierce anyone in their path like daggers. Even her freckles looked a deeper shade, her deep red lips pulled into a thin line.

The tapping of her foot was all they could hear until the floor shuddered and with a faint ding, the doors slid open.

Before they were all the way, Zero was pulling her by the hand through the halls with purpose, her footsteps cutting through the silence like thunder.

"Luther?" She called out, surprised in herself that she hadn't screamed the name in fury. "Diego, Allison-"

Her head span to the right when she heard a murmuring of male voices and Vanya was pulled towards the foyer.

Her hand tightened in her hold.

Diego was standing facing her speaking to Luther, who had his back to them, with crossed arms. The former looked ready to storm out and leave, and Allison was sitting on the stairs to their right with a white gauze taped across her throat, clutching her hands in her lap and glaring at them both.

When Diego's eyes locked with Zero's icy glare, past Luthers shoulders, his arms dropped to his side and his expression dropped slightly.

"I told you it was a bad idea." Diego shook his head at Luther, jaw clenching.

Luther turned, and they all stared at Vanya who Zero held protectively behind her, unwilling to let go of her hand.

Next to the woman she looked like death, like an incarnate of shadows and something electric - it buzzed in the air and put a metallic taste in their mouths. Her bright eyes were remarkably dark.

Luther stared straight at Vanya over the woman's shoudler, muscles tensing and ready for a fight. "What have you done?" He demanded.

Allison stood, her expression softening, but didn't move from the stairs.

"What have I done?" Zero asked quietly, then, her voice raising. "What have I done?"

"You locked our sister away like a fucking animal!" She snarled, head tilting when they could do nothing but stare, the colour leaving their faces. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"After what she did to Allison-"

"-she just found out her entire life is a lie, she didnt fucking mean to hurt anyone!" 

"-how do you know?" He challenged.

Zero couldn't believe this.

"Because unlike you, I actually know her!" She snapped, gesturing behind her. "If you'd have any clue what type of person Vanya was you'd know that whatever happened was an accident."