4.Inhebriated Imp

Maria dashed through the garden corridors, her elegant robe streaming behind her. She weaved through the tall verdant shrubbery, looking behind her back after each twist and turn. Maria suddenly ceased her scurrying about, for she had reached a deadend. Since she was no longer preoccupied with running, Maria began to ponder her situation. Then the dread began to set in after the realization that she was alone,far from her post, and with nowhere to hide.
Maria violently groped around the tall garden hedges and cried out Thalia's name several times. Maria received no response on any of these times and so she went silent. After a few minutes, the silence was replaced by the sound Maria sobbing. It was quiet a pitiful noise to bear witness to. The sobbing could be heard from miles away, and even from such a distance the feelings of despondency,guilt, and despair behind the sound, were still palpable.
Maria's wailing caught the attention of the inebriated Duke of Cadbury.The Duke staggered over to the garden corridor where Maria was and vociferated "Mar~tha hw~hat iz~zz zamatter? Hw~y do you stain yo~ur pw~etty face with tears?"
Maria quit her crying and smirked. The duke had just mistaken her for his mistress and she was about to use it to her benefit.