falling in love ✩ black hole

ok so i changed this up a little! im kinda getting bored of the "___ falling in love" thing and i really wanted to try something new so the formatting here is a bit different!!

once again you're free to read this as a reader insert or something else entirely. you can imagine these with other characters/your oc/etc... but the word "you" is used!!

this chapter is more about what black hole would do to woo you over and being an absolute idiot while doint it + short story at the end :)

you can tell i like black hole a lot shjshs hes SO scrunkly ^_^

- black hole isn't very... expressive, physically or vocally, so it's hard to read his emotions sometimes

- he doesn't consider himself to be an affectionate person, and he doesn't think much about romance either.. but there's something about you that just.. brought him to you. you are nice and fun to be with! and you are always so kind to him! how could he not like you?

- actually scratch that- he doesn't like you, he loves you! but like i said, it's hard to tell what he's feeling or thinking. black hole is convinced he loves you though, he never doubts or questions his feelings for you :)

- let me elaborate on that- he doesn't tell himself that these feelings he has for you are only platonic. he quickly comes to terms with the fact that he likes you! so, he doesn't waste time and immediately tries to charm you hehe

- needless to say, he's hopeless lol. he's too nervous to outright tell you that he loves you so instead he tries his version of... "flirting" (?)

- my man really thought telling you "hey i think you're cool :)" would be a good confession lmao. of course, his intentions totally flew over your head and you replied with just a "thank you! you too :D"

- ...okay maybe THAT didn't work.. but whatever, he isn't giving up that easily!! he has to show you he likes you!! so, he carefully thinks of the options he has..

- he can't express his affection for you by touch, flirting doesn't work, and it's not like he can send you a love letter either! so what should he do??

- well how about i tell you this dude makes POEMS. that's right!! black hole loves poetry!! making poems helps him express what he's feeling :) and so he decides to make you a poem so he can finally confess his love for you!

- one day he asks to talk to you privately, so you both go to one of the hangout spots you and black hole often share when spending time together! he chooses to confess during the golden hour, when the air is still warm and everything around you two is quiet. black hole asks if he can tell you a big secret, you of course say yes

- and so black hole begins reciting the poem he composed just for you :) his voice is monotone but full of feeling, his verses rhyme nicely with a pleasant rhythm. he doesn't stutter or pause, but doesn't rush either. he truly does his best to recite perfectly to impress you

- though he might seem confident in his reciting, deep down he's nervously awaiting your reaction. what if you don't accept his feelings? what if you don't even understand that he's confessing to you? maybe the poem should have been more straightforward.. black hole is currently exposing his entire heart to you, he has never been this vulnerable to anybody, so what if he's just making a fool out of himself?!

- as he nears the end of his poem, black hole's voice starts to shake. his confidence is fading away and anxiety that he never felt before starts to build up. he doesn't want to look at you in fear of seeing your reaction. will you be confused, disappointed? mad? he doesn't want to know. because of this, he doesn't even get to finish his poem and instead awkwardly ends on the second to last verse. then he's silent.

- you and him are both are silent.

- oh, he messed up, didn't he?! but he was so sure it was going to work out! you probably think he's an idiot now! this is the worst day of black hole's life!

- you, however, smile at him.

"did you make that poem yourself?" you ask, keeping your voice quiet and gentle. you were very aware that he didn't finish the poem, but you weren't going to pressure black hole into continuing as you were already in awe from what you heard. your heart danced with delight from knowing that you were the first and most likely only listener of this beautiful piece of art. you knew that it wasn't just a poem, it was a poem made just for you. "i love it. i've never heard anything more beautiful."

black hole looked over at you as he heard you words. were you serious? did you actually like the poem? "really?" black hole asks nervously, his voice quiet, and you nod, still smiling up at him.

black hole felt his confidence return to him again, but he knew that just because you enjoyed the poem doesn't mean that you understood the meaning behind it. that's okay, though! he can just make another poem and make it more straightforward to make sure you understand next ti- "you know, you could have just said you like me! i feel a bit bad that you had to go through the trouble of composing a whole love poem just for me." you giggled playfully as the athmosphere brightened up with your joyful laughter. "i've liked you for a long time, black hole. i wanted to tell you, but looks like you beat me to it!" and you laughed again.

oh, how black hole loves your laughter. he knows that if he could, he would be smiiing with you right now. the warmth he felt from your happiness and your kind words made his mind feel fuzzy. but he loved the feeling. in fact, he loved it so much that for a second he childishly wished that he will never feel anything else ever again. "i was hoping that you like me back." he spoke, his usual monotone voice laced with joy that's unusual for him, but so typical for you. "you have no idea how happy i am right now."

he loves you. oh, how much he loves you!

TREE: why does y/n call you babygirlBLACK HOLE: how about we stop talking for a little while

BLACK HOLE: how about we stop talking for a little while

requested by MokaaaaHeartt :D!!